Outrun

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re....

Post by AL »

Is this another one of those never-ending - repetitive - solve nothing - bit-of- " argy-bargy " - insult each other - and get off-topic- , but yet irresistably viewable kind of threads ?

AL ( a bit 'worse-for-wear' after finally getting home from the ' Anti-War March ' today.....)

p.s to whom it may concern....the ' DEFCON ' system / method / alerts (?) are no longer in effect .
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: re....

Post by Novice »

Defcon=6
AL wrote:Is this another one of those never-ending - repetitive - solve nothing - bit-of- " argy-bargy " - insult each other - and get off-topic- , but yet irresistably viewable kind of threads ?
AL ( a bit 'worse-for-wear' after finally getting home from the ' Anti-War March ' today.....)
p.s to whom it may concern....the ' DEFCON ' system / method / alerts (?) are no longer in effect .
Agree.

I suggest "How to finish This topic."
Someone do and beat my score by oneself(it is damn easy for real outrnnners).
and show one's opinion as "NO".

it is the strongest logic.

Worthless players opinion are worthless.
even if 10,000,000 poeple say.
worthless guys opinion are worthless after all.
Are you OK, TJT, LN2,Francois ...and many worthless players.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

AL wrote:p.s to whom it may concern....the ' DEFCON ' system / method / alerts (?) are no longer in effect .
What? Sure they still exists. Why do you say they don't?

It might not be something currently in effect but I'm sure if for example we ever got into anything with North Korea or China the DEFCON system would be right there again.

That has the same flaw as saying the draft doesn't exist anymore. Well sure there currently is no draft, but it could come back anytime in a large scale war.

Novice, a real gamer would just play by these new rules that seem to be voted on for Outrun and set the high score anyway. You have nothing to lose. The fact you get so pissed about it tells me you can't accomplish that score without using the trick. If you could then you wouldn't care if it was banned. You just have to play it a few more times to beat 43 million playing it without the trick. It should be no big deal for such a hot shot world class gamer like yourself.

Real gamers would rise to that challenge and prove everyone they could have the top score regardless what the special rules are.

So do it or STFU about it please. You see what the decision is.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

as it goes now, offroading will stand and everyone "will be able" to go offroad but there's a 5+ days left of voting.

EDIT: It's over the 66% marker by a hair, so it will be banned if another "no ban" vote is not made in 3 more days.
Last edited by Chad on Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
-skito
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re...

Post by AL »

Firstly, the old DEFCON system has been rendered redundant by the so called ' War-on Terror ' . DEFCON was a Cold War thing , where the perceived threat from Communist Russia ( and ' Allies ' ) defined the level of National Security .
That whole process has changed now . I could go on , but I won't ( typing is a challenge for me right now ! )... :lol:

To Hisa : I constantly watch your Truxton INP , as it is brilliant play , and I've always admired your scores , and agreed with some valid points with regards debates here at MARP , but your comments regarding Tommi , Rick , and Francois are quite retarded . I don't usually ' speak-out ' against players , but to call those guys " worthless players " is an insult to them , me , and what they've acheived ..etc..etc..

I don't understand this approach you have taken ? You have praised some MARP-ers a while back in an old post , but no need for blatant abuse ?

Slán ,

AL
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: re...

Post by LN2 »

AL wrote:Firstly, the old DEFCON system has been rendered redundant by the so called ' War-on Terror ' . DEFCON was a Cold War thing , where the perceived threat from Communist Russia ( and ' Allies ' ) defined the level of National Security .
Al, perhaps but do a goggle for "defcon" then visit one of the government sites on it and they still list it and defined it as I gave previously etc.

There is no indication on the web pages that it is defunct.
I figure if it had been redefined to some new scale or some new scale replaces it those sites would have mentioned it somewhere. I saw nothing like that.
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Well, there are prolly players that have voted to let the trick be allowed too Hisa.. amongs those "WORTHLESS" players that has scored less than 10mil or whatever you are talking about...
QRS
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re

Post by NotMan »

Well! It's seems like the outrun infamous "gear gaucha??" trick have arrived in Marp site. I was wondering why this tread never ends. I wouldn't care less about the trick should or should not be banned. My opinion that trick should be on one version and other version with something else without the trick or we could put it on tip/trick page.

In my opinion, I don't know if the Outrun "programmer" ever put this trick in purpose (for the fun of it) or just a bug in the game. Outrun and other Outrun series is not the only one use the gear gaucha?? trick. Crazy Taxi is one of the games that I know that use the gear gaucha trick. Hopefully, if that game ever emulated in the future and I guess that new tread will start all over again! :D

Hisa/Novice.... Stop bashing (discrimmating) other players by calling "Poor" or "Worthless" Marp players. Nobody is perfect and if you want to start a war to somebody. Do it somewhere else... not here! I'm not bashing about you nor your great inp (replay)! You're a great player and not very many people in the world that have better skills/stragety than you! Why start a war with somebody like BBH about how great you are on certain games.

Marp site is only for fun and show other people how the games work NOT challenging other people for high score to be a better gamer or player. How this game can or can be done for fun or marthonable. As far as I'm concern whenever the outrun trick should be allowed in Marp and if that you (Novice) wanted and there will be others will follow this outrun trick.

Also, drop the DEF/CON things.... The cold war is over, anyway?

Notman

P.S. Just my .02 cents
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re....

Post by AL »

Ha! Ha !

Bad move believing a US Government website ! Of course they are telling the 'truth'...... :wink:

AL
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Novice wrote: Are you OK, TJT, LN2,Francois ...and many worthless players.
Try beat my worthless trackfld score. I don't care a crap about most of the games you play, so your scores are worthless to me. I did not spend whole 90's playing those stupid games you did. Infact I didn't play any games at 90's, if I would have -I would master 50 bad games too, that would make me very happy and proud indeed.

And yes, I still believe the game should be played driving on the road. You need study the game more to notice that, indeed when it comes to real outrun play you are a novice. Try to beat TG record like it was made, I think you can not, not talented enough.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Re....

Post by The TJT »

AL wrote:Ha! Ha !

Bad move believing a US Government website ! Of course they are telling the 'truth'...... :wink:

AL
The truth is out there... Government denies knowledge.

I want to believe :roll:
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

The TJT wrote:Try beat my worthless trackfld score. I don't care a crap about most of the games you play, so your scores are worthless to me. I did not spend whole 90's playing those stupid games you did. Infact I didn't play any games at 90's, if I would have -I would master 50 bad games too, that would make me very happy and proud indeed.
I realize that was directed at Hisa...but figured I would give a little info on myself.

I didn't play any arcade games from about 1989 through mid 2002, where in July 2002, I started playing mame. I think in these 6 months of playing mame I have generally taken my gaming skills beyond what they were even back in the mid 80s..although other games can't play as well as back then cuz my reflexes are much slower now versus back then.
Novice

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=7 :lol: :lol:
The TJT wrote:Try beat my worthless trackfld score. I don't care a crap about most of the games you play, so your scores are worthless to me. I did not spend whole 90's playing those stupid games you did. Infact I didn't play any games at 90's, if I would have -I would master 50 bad games too, that would make me very happy and proud indeed.

And yes, I still believe the game should be played driving on the road. You need study the game more to notice that, indeed when it comes to real outrun play you are a novice. Try to beat TG record like it was made, I think you can not, not talented enough.
Try???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
your scores are Not worth to try. I already stand by them. :lol: :lol:
If this trick will be banned, I just upload them for all versions.
Do you really think it is impossible act for outrunners(include me??).
But it was very pain play for offload short-cut player.
I donot want to play more. :cry:
Clearly, against spirit of OUT run.

Why am I have to try such a poor score with eccentric local rule ??
I am not interested in TG record.
If it were not for the counter stopped,
99% of TG records are not in the list of top 10 real world higherscores.
I certain 90+% of TG records are not in the list of top 1000.

I am not interested in LOCAL rule.
Last edited by Novice on Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Novice

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=7(8 is more suitable) :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OH! lovely TJT, I have missed the most important words for you!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do it by yourself or shut up.

Can you read me?
then try it or shut up.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Well if you are not interested in our LOCAL rule, why do you even bother to upload scores here ? Even you must understand that a place has rules, and you got to follow them.. in this case there was no rule, so we are voting to set a rule.. it is called DEMOCRATY! Do you know that word? well if not, search for the word on the net, and you will be surprised to see what it means :)
QRS