Yes but only if the game is finished
69%

Total votes: 16

Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Camel try Expert Leeching

Post by Francois Daniel »

This leech is in World 5 on the Expert mode and consist to bounce betwin 2 bumpers into a narrow spot for make lot of points. It need no skills for make that and the spot is easy to reach.

Francois
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

Wow, looks like there's alot of people agreeing with the thought of ending it before it's overdone... but mark my words.. people will rape leech to 0 timer.. and then pray they win the Lottery chance for another 20 seconds or so.. that may be more then enough to pwn all scores ^^;;
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:Wow, looks like there's alot of people agreeing with the thought of ending it before it's overdone... but mark my words.. people will rape leech to 0 timer.. and then pray they win the Lottery chance for another 20 seconds or so.. that may be more then enough to pwn all scores ^^;;
Even with the 20 seconds lottery, i think it's not possible to break the 500K record in the normal way of play. 300K it's possible with near perfect play, maybe 350K but not over.

Francois
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Your voting options are not good. the bumber use should be banned totally. I made an issue of this some time ago. Somehow people thought it was ok to leech, idiots. So I leeched, just to have my scores removed now...

That should explain my comment:

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... mltrua-exp
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

The TJT wrote:Your voting options are not good. the bumber use should be banned totally.
...Or do you really think: Let's just leech a bit, then try to finish the game.
Not a good idea :roll:
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Camel try Expert Leeching

Post by The TJT »

Francois Daniel wrote: It need no skills for make that
Francois
Well, some skill...
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Camel try Expert Leeching

The TJT wrote:
Francois Daniel wrote: It need no skills for make that
Francois
Well, some skill...
Yes, a little :)

But, I reply here only for have 100 posts :D

Francois
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

And I submit only to have 100 points?
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

The TJT wrote:And I submit only to have 100 points?
hehehe who doesn't do that? ;) Mind you some of us submit to try to have over 100 points total ^^;;

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

It seems to me all the cameltry scores have leeching involved.

Given it's a timed event it seems like you can do whatever you want as long as you actually finish the course IMHO.

I generally am against leeching but this leeching just ends up being a special time bonus type thing cuz the faster you can get to that spot the more you can leech so just think of all those 500 pt bumper hits as a bonus for doing it in faster time.

The lottery add-on thing is separate and what really spoils the game some IMHO cuz that means not every game is the same. You could have the run of your life and get perfectly in the bumpers etc. yet not get that added 20 seconds then other games waste a few seconds to get the bumpers going and get the added 20 secs. Sometimes you will get it...sometimes you won't. Plus then there is that slot machine add-on time thing too where you automaticlaly get time added...just spin for how much.

The only alternative is saying totally screw the score of the game itself and just assign a score with special rules based on the total time to complete that course. The game does show the total course time at the end. However, then you have removed skills to skim those boxes just right for big points etc.

However, given it seems all have been leeching to get those scores then it's hard to disallow it now.
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Just a note to all players not so familiar with Cameltry.. The only problem is on the expert course. On the other four courses you try to finish it as fast as possible (no bumper leeching spots on them), and of course trying to hit as many points as possible...

I don´t see any real problems with the bumper-leeching either.. just make the recording illegal if you hit that bumper once..or...if you leech for a while (and we are not talking hours here.. it is a minute maybe.. I don´t remember exactly.) and finish the game you have to deal with less end bonus.. and that will haunt you scorewise during the rest of the game.

Also.. it is not as easy as you think to get good points at the bumpers. Try it and you will see how hard it is to just "stay there and leech" :)

The only bad thing in my opinion is if you leech and NOT finish the game..

Anyway.. let the poll decide! :)

Cheers
QRS
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: RE

Post by LN2 »

QRS wrote:Just a note to all players not so familiar with Cameltry.. The only problem is on the expert course. On the other four courses you try to finish it as fast as possible (no bumper leeching spots on them), and of course trying to hit as many points as possible...
That's odd cuz on the beginner course a couple or one of those has those 500pt bumpers also.

One spot just before the goal for that course there are two 500point bumpers where you can get the ball going back and forth between them at a decent pace which has to boost your score versus if you didn't do that and just went right to the goal. It might not be to the extreme that expert course is(haven't tried that yet to see how bad it is) but it's still leeching...whether for an extra 30k or 300k it's leeching and you waste about the same amount of time leeching off the bumpers before finishing.
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Hmm I don´t know exactly where you mean.. but I guess you may be right about it. There are prolly other places than the infamous expert leeching bumper. I never really studied the game to find leeching spots. Maybe I should.. to know them better so we can ban them :)

Anyway, you must always consider that the time bonus you collect is important.. if you don´t find a place where you can rack up a good score compared to the time you lose etc, you will not gain anything on it..

During the time I played that game very much I always found the game very cool, cause you had to be fast (for the time bonus to add up until you finish the game) and also you have to rack up a hell of a lot of points on the bricks bumpers etc.

The only thing that destroyed that "balance" (wich I found out by accident) is that bumper on the expert course.
But there can of course be more of those spots!

I think I will have a look at it later on tonight to see if I can find any more possible leechingspots in the game :)

until then..

Cheers!
QRS
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

The TJT wrote:And I submit only to have 100 points?
I hope no :) I think you're a real player and you play first for fun, and next for ladderboard.

But, I stay on my position for this leech and a poll is a poll.

Francois
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

LN2 wrote:It seems to me all the cameltry scores have leeching involved.
However, given it seems all have been leeching to get those scores then it's hard to disallow it now.
It's not the first time where great scores are removed (or lowered) because special rules are voted.

Francois