Ok I´m getting tired of this crap..

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

QRS
Editor

Ok I´m getting tired of this crap..

Post by QRS »

Can someone please FORCE the guy named "K" to upload his scores with TG mame or Alphamame?
I know that I have seen a rule stated about that if someones scores are in question.
90% of the scores he has uploaded or reuploaded uses autofire and stuff like that.

"K" is prolly a good player, but after all these crap uploads that are not legal at marp, I tend to think that those scores that has passed the tests are not more legal.. they just slip through.

I don´t care if this sounds rude or not, just prove me wrong by using a TG or alphamame, and I will bow down for those scores.

Cheers

Another reupload..

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... 00&tourn=0
QRS
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

he's been asked... he's obviously just being a dick about it, so he either doesn't understand english or he MUST be cheating and trying to sweep everything under the table. I'd like to just nuke everything and force him but that would be pretty nasty. What i can do is put this Message's url in all of his recordings to see if he can respond to our requests to PLEASE record in alpha mame or 35tg3.
-skito
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

I think all hes recordings should be tg/alphamame. If he doesn't cooperate...........

He should be tried to contact first though, although he seems to be from Taiwan(any other here?) and propably doesn't understand English besides "success" :lol:
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I seem to remember from one of his earlier uploads that he's from Hong Kong.

"As easy as splitting bamboo!"
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

i cant believe my eyes there is a guy who is worst than a polish team???
It was a joke. i think he act strange. maybe we (you) should use some translator 2 tell him what he should do about his recordings but i think that he is to busy making his new (cheated or not) scores and he dont respond :-(
maybe when some of his recordings went 2 busket he will open his eyes 2 a world around him
SJK
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by SJK »

he is now changing his scores to anything and most to 0... looks like it worked. :D
- Smraedis
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I really feel bad that he won't make anymore attempts at recordings. It's not that bad to be 2nd or 3rd or even 10th place... but if he is cheating (he may or may not be) we don't want that at marp.

All K has to do is make a few alphamame recordings and his name will be cleared. If he's not cheating, that sounds like a pretty easy thing to do.
-skito
QRS
Editor

re

Post by QRS »

wuzel wrote:i cant believe my eyes there is a guy who is worst than a polish team???
No one is claiming something bad about the Polish team just because they are from Polen. The issues we have discussed are all about leeching and (possibly) banned techs.
Nothing is personal, it is just rules and discussions about new rules etc.

And about "K"... No need to delete all of his records. *sigh* just upload new ones with TG or alpha mame god damnit! :)

Cheers
QRS
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: Ok I´m getting tired of this crap..

Post by tmorrow »

QRS wrote:90% of the scores he has uploaded or reuploaded uses autofire and stuff like that.
I've asked this before, a couple of years ago now but I'll try again. How do you know autofire is being used in these recordings? I suspect the answer is that you are using some software tool that checks timing b/w keystrokes etc. If so, is this software tool available for others to use - eg. confirmers. On occassions I've felt unhappy about confirming a recording that looks like rapidfire was being used but I have no objective way to do this test, I'm only going on a hunch.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

If you're unsure about a recording, then contact an editor about it, and they'll check it out.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Well he's back again, now known as FX K. He's just submitted a 7,000,000+ recording of Armed Formation on.....you guessed it Win62! :roll:
Darren
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/fxking_a ... _win62.zip

hmm, always seems to be in 1rst place, wonder to what extents his motivation drives him to? could it be umm, cheating? oh well we tried, all i can do is zero K's recordings which i can verify are autofire and leave alone the ones on the borderline... he seems like a good player not necesarily needing to revert to cheating.

oh, tomorrow, don't be affraid to confirm recordings that are suspected as cheating, confirming is specifically for playbackability if you played it back to the advertise score just confirm it and let an editor know that you think if it's supicious. we'll take the potential zeroing from there.
-skito
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re...

Post by AL »

Anders : I agree with you .

I have watched some of his inps .

Next.......

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

his 7Milllion recording was "fine" no autofire no nothing, not even close to the borderline, he didn't need to remove it because it was second place. unless that new player realy is from japan and not K in disguise.
-skito
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Chad wrote:his 7Milllion recording was "fine" no autofire no nothing, not even close to the borderline, he didn't need to remove it because it was second place. unless that new player realy is from japan and not K in disguise.
K just changed his "display name".