Super High Impact (shimpact)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Super High Impact (shimpact)

Post by Barthax »

Could someone please explain why Super High Impact (shimpact) was archived? I have looked through the board but have been unable to locate a reason.

There are some significantly worse versions of American Football out there. (Why football? It's played with the hands!)
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

I believe the game was considered 'non working' for a long time due to some strange bug which caused the game to end prematurely etc. (I could be wrong)

Known bugs:
* Super Hi Impact freaks out during play

is listed in the driver anyway, maybe it got fixed at some point, I haven't kept track of it myself.
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Thanks for the reply. Would it be possible to reopen it.

Perhaps you can answer this also: Why do some of the American Football games show score lines where a perfectly good points-system is available (High Impact for example)? Score lines do not differenciate between terrible game play with luck & good skill (i.e., 7-35 compared to 7-0).
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

I'm english, I don't have a clue how to play American Football so I can't be much help with that one ;-) if its what the game designers chose then I guess thats just the way it is, if its a marp scoring system I don't know. Our Football is the game you play using your feet which Americans would call soccer .. :-p
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

The scoring system I was referring to was indeed the MARP system - fair enough if you don't know. :)

BTW: I'm Welsh, there just isn't many rugby games out there, so the next best thing is... definitely not (our) football. :D
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Super High Impact act strangely when you have to do the Field Goal attempt.

As for the scoring system for American Football in MARP,it hasn't discussed yet...
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Thanks for the explanation. :D