I'm resigning... for good.

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

...I'm wondering if Hisa has any words of wisdom.

Heh.
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re...

Post by AL »

Hmm.....Americanised ' Democracy ' rears it's ugly head , yet again .

I hope you all can sort it out , guys .

Having read what BBH said , he makes some good points ( yep , can't figure-out the ' quote bit ' ).

With all thats happening in the world , surely this ' situation ' can be resolved ?

Here's hoping ,

AL

p.s Nice to see the Ryder Cup back where it belongs.....Europe !

p.p.s Just hope Mr. Bush doesn't hold a grudge......
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

A Mod's job is to moderate a board, keep it under control, some guy was being irritating, several people complained, its in the best interest of the moderator to do something about it. A thread was locked, nobody died ;-)

This board is relatively quiet anyway, there are few problems by the looks of things, unlike say the official mame board where rom requests etc. occur several times each day despite it being clearly written at the top of the page that such requests aren't permitted, deleting such posts isn't really denying freedom of speech, its enforcing the board rules, which if broken also could bring us legal problems due to copyright issues etc.

One post locked is nothing, adequate warning was given to the poster who was being irritating, on pretty much any other board for ignoring requests to change the posting style etc. he would have been banned.

Yes you have to have a 'tough skin' in emulation these days if you hang about on IRC, view messageboards, even some sites, us developers are being insulted all the time, we don't quit because of it, sure it didn't used to be like that but things change but thats life.