Hey, PLscores is more than one person.......

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Hey, PLscores is more than one person.......

Post by sikraiken »

is that legal on MARP??? Just wondering.......
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Hey, PLscores is more than one person.......

Post by mahlemiut »

JoeyL21988 wrote:is that legal on MARP??? Just wondering.......
Probably not. Slawek e-mailed Ben Jos about this sort of thing a while back (whether it was okay to do so). Those that were in #marp at the time (and active) pretty much disagreed to it.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

his asterx recordings were also recorded with nvram files, to throw some more stones.
-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

It should be banned IMO ;
Marp is an individual thing

And who shall we mail if we want to talk to the inp author (for example if there is nvram issues) ?
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

no problem now.

Post by Novice »

If Team2ch do so, it will be recognized as a big problem.
PLscores is too cheap
kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by kfx »

Long time since anybody have posted in this thread, but I just looked at the shinobi score that was uploaded, so it came back to me again.

I get the feeling that mulitplayer on MARP is illigal right? so is there beeing something done about them? they might not even know that it is against the rules.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: no problem now.

Post by The TJT »

Novice wrote:If Team2ch do so, it will be recognized as a big problem.
PLscores is too cheap
Man, you're wrong! Haven't watched he's Shinobi recording yet, but the score is fucking great. It is not so easy to get them 20k+5k bonuses, it's not only knowing the tactics, but you must have spot on timing as well...

(And I thought I could play Shinobi, just because I was first one to finish it around here, blaah :oops: )
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

... I said I was first one to finish it here, didn't mean Marp, but local arcade at 80's, heh(dryish).
SLA
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by SLA »

first, i am not a spokeman of PLScores at all :?: .
second,
guys - one account was made for a sole purpose of helping people from Poland (especially those who doesn't speak English) to submit their recording to marp. This has to be one account - if somebody don't understand English how is she/he supposed to answer to email from marp? :?: No, there is one man in PLScores who read email and then explain(in Polish) the problem to a particular person.
Here is the webpage: http://www.czechy.com.pl/pawel/plscores/
(in Polish), where people from Poland (members) can upload their scores.
MARP is for keeping the best recordings, isn't? 8)
NOT FOR - WHO IS THE "FUCKING" BEST PLAYER :twisted:.
It is for preserving great scores. :P
So this is in the spirit of MARP - the one team PLScores is for uploading to MARP the best scores from Polish players which otherwise will not appear at MARP due to lack of good command of English :cry: .
PLScores don't care about the "fucking" overal score nor "fucking" leadership board :!:.
BTW: In each PLScore upload there is name of the player who made this recording - so really it is not a discovery we are a team.

SLA
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Sla, if they need help, then they ask the guy himself. This is the same deal with the Japanese. MANY of them do not speak that well of english, if even any at all, and they all have separate accounts. They help each other out when they need it on their own site. No excuses for this, besides the fact that they didn't know to create separate accounts.
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

Yah, I agree with Joey. The Japs did it with no problem, they created their own page in Japanese explaning how to navagate the pages, create a new account, and submit a recording. It's really not that hard for one person who has English and HTML skills to put something like that together.
-roncli
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Looks like Tombstones is doing this also. They have a website too, http://www.tombstones.org.uk/
SLA
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by SLA »

PLScores is dead now. People are reorganizing now. I think people will make their personal logons now.

I think team uploads should be allowed. BTW: There is an option whether score of a particular member should be displayed on Leaderboard.
Team just should use NO option. And everything would be fine!

SLA
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

I don't mind teams, but it should be the way PLScores is now doing it and jeuxvideo records and Team2ch does it - they each do it individually, but declare themselves as a team. I don't mind that. I mind everybody in the team submitting as one person, I don't find that fair in a... not so important leaderboard situation...
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

You can't get a listing of a player's recordings if he's on a team.