88%
b)Yes, it should be allowed
12%

Total votes: 17

QRS
Editor

Time trick Poll for Vs Super Mario Brothers

Post by QRS »

If you are not familiar with this trick on Vs Super Mario brothers, let me explain it:

On every X-4 stage (1-4, 2-4 etc) you can wait until the last second before you grab the axe after killing the koopa. That will cause a bug in the game , making your end bonus on that stage 999 and about 50k in bonus.

I don´t think it should be allowed, cause it is a bug, and practiclly it´s the same (easy) timing as to make fireworks etc on other stages.

Therefore I post this poll, so we can have a rule here.
7 days is the time to vote.

ps I hope I´m doing this poll as it should be, cause its my first time :)

*Edit note: This Bug does not work in pc Super mario bros. If I remember correctly, you don´t get any time bonus on the X-4 stages there. The poll is only for the VS Super Mario Bros only.*

Cheers

QRS
Last edited by QRS on Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QRS
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

no timbug too! hehe.
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

WHAT FUCK! :twisted: I've never heard of that one before, it definately should not be allowed.
-roncli
[Poor sig. :P --SarcasmCli]
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

Can we keep the recording exhibiting this trick and put it on the "Tricks, Easter Eggs, Bugs" page. At least one example of the trick should be kept on MARP for posterity.

While we are at it, what is the view on the "make Mario small with firepower" trick. This is done by landing on the Axe to finish any dungeon as a big Mario and getting hit at the same time by the Dragon. The game gets confused in the next level and when you collect one mushroom Mario stays small and can shoot fireballs. Fun trick, but a bit tricky to get the timing right - jumping on the axe and getting hit by dragon at the same time.

Cheers,
Tim
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

I remember that, we used to do that in the arcades. Very funny to watch as he keeps popping up and down between big Mario and small Mario. Also if you do that trick while being small Mario, he dies but the game carrys on, it plays the music when you die (two times) and then he is invisible.
Another silly little trick you can do is at the beginning of a level or when he comes out of a tube, hold down jump as soon as the level starts and he will run without moving his legs for about 4 secs. A good game for funny bugs.
Back on the subject in hand, I agree no timebug or turtle leeching should be allowed.
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Poll is finished, and the Special Rules have been updated.

Bye.