Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

mk

Post by Haze »

the recent mk upload states

"All double flawless run with Scorpion. Played with Twin Galaxies settings on very hard. 60 fps gameplay unlike WolfMAME .114 and lower emulators which run the MK series at 53 fps gameplay."

mk is meant to run at roughly 55fps, not 60fps (or 53fps) If a version is running at 60 then technically that version isn't emulating it correctly. while in this case 60fps is likely more of a hindrance than a help it could also be throwing off some internal calcs, including but not limited to the AI not behaving as it should as the main cpu has less time to process each frame. It should probably be studied carefully.

Again I still think you should really encourage uploads with latest version, or maybe no more than 3-4 versions behind. Replays recorded with old versions could have all sorts of forgotten / already fixes issues that go unnoticed.
MK Wizard
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: mk

Post by MK Wizard »

Thanks for letting me know about the running speed. The speed changed from 53 Hz to 55 Hz starting on MAME .115. The sound and game play seems to be better and more accurate to original hardware as well. I thought the speed increase was more than just 2 Hz. But I guess I was wrong.
Michael "MK Wizard" Girard