More fake uploads from Saulon

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby PP. » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:56 pm

BeeJay wrote:As I said, it was an example of what you frequently do. There are plenty of other examples where you have not been personally attacked but choose to take this approach with demeaning or derogatory comments to other people participating in these forums.:


Not even one. Just show me one of those "exambles".
Those examples only exist in your morbid imagination.

BeeJay wrote:Yes he did, after you repeatedly missed his rather obvious point that he was actually on topic by suggesting.......


I just told him to stay on topic, and he told me troll and idiot (apparently because he was affected from your friends).
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby BBH » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:53 am

Image

Image

What an obscure trick! How is anybody supposed to find the 2P start button?!?
User avatar
BBH
Editor
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby Haze » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:56 am

PP. wrote:"Begged"? And what is mamedev?


The people who have actually created the emulator that you're using. The people who know how it works, know how the games work, know when they're in a decent state for competition and know when they're not. Logical minds, problem solvers.

You've attacked several of them.

World Rally 2 works in MAME 0.188 because I worked with people to make sure it works in 0.188.
https://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2017/07/ ... p-dumping/

Tecmo World Cup '94 will work better in MAME 0.190 because Kale has worked hard on improving the protection simulation.

Junk uploads on stuff using old versions, even after we've fixed the games, and in many cases highly publicized that we've fixed the games is bizarre.

This *is* off-topic now, but you asked.

A simple "Don't take the piss" rule would solve so many problems here. It's clear that the people uploading junk scores on broken games, or scores on non-games are taking the piss, they KNOW what they're doing, I don't know why the community is so tolerant of it. It's one thing to try and stir up a bit of competition, it's another to be purposely disruptive. Uploading scores on completely broken things in order to get leaderboard points is just another form of cheating, nothing less. "once a cheat, always a cheat" applies here. Take away the score incentive and you take away the reason to cheat (although I suspect they'll find another way)

Maybe all broken / non-games should be left here, but with -500 leaderboard points for scores submitted on them.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:04 pm

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby PP. » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:30 pm

BBH wrote:What an obscure trick! How is anybody supposed to find the 2P start button?!?


Of course I tried the 2p start button. But no result.
And what about that key combination which our friend wrote?


Haze wrote:
PP. wrote:what is mamedev?


The people who have actually created the emulator that you're using. The people who know how it works, know how the games work, know when they're in a decent state for competition and know when they're not. Logical minds, problem solvers.


Are you one of them?

Haze wrote:You've attacked several of them.


Never, please don't lie. I only answer to lame attacks. What would you do in my position? When they insult you, you use to offer them flowers?

Haze wrote:....Uploading scores on completely broken things in order to get leaderboard points is just another form of cheating, nothing less. "once a cheat, always a cheat" applies here. Take away the score incentive and you take away the reason to cheat (although I suspect they'll find another way)

Maybe all broken / non-games should be left here, but with -500 leaderboard points for scores submitted on them.



Apparently we all agree with you, exept the players who use to take advantage from such games(Saulon etc).
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby BeeJay » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:09 pm

PP. wrote:
Haze wrote:
PP. wrote:what is mamedev?


The people who have actually created the emulator that you're using. The people who know how it works, know how the games work, know when they're in a decent state for competition and know when they're not. Logical minds, problem solvers.


Are you one of them?

... and you wonder why people think you have an attitude problem. The answer to that superfluous question is right there in the very same post to which you replied, but you almost certainly know this and are once again choosing to be deliberately obtuse!! But just to make sure, here's the quote from Haze in nice big letters so you can't possibly miss it this time around:

Haze wrote:World Rally 2 works in MAME 0.188 because I worked with people to make sure it works in 0.188.
https://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2017/07/ ... p-dumping/

Tecmo World Cup '94 will work better in MAME 0.190 because Kale has worked hard on improving the protection simulation.


PP. wrote:Apparently we all agree with you, exept the players who use to take advantage from such games(Saulon etc).

... and by the "etc" part in parenthesis you are of course also referring to yourself!
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 am

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby PP. » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:28 pm

BeeJay wrote:... and you wonder why people think you have an attitude problem.


No, of course not. I don't wonder why some stupids make antics, it is normal.


BeeJay wrote:The answer to that superfluous question is right there in the very same post to which you replied, but you almost certainly know this and are once again choosing to be deliberately obtuse!! But just to make sure, here's the quote from Haze in nice big letters so you can't possibly miss it this time around:


You haven't read the discussion. BBH said I asked something from a mamedev(haze) and I explain that I couldn't know that haze was a mamedev.


BeeJay wrote:... and by the "etc" part in parenthesis you are of course also referring to yourself!


As you know, I don't. Did you ever saw something fake from me?
Now, when scores exists for 10 years(like in wrally2) why is bad to add mine too? Do we all have the same rights, yes or no?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby BeeJay » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:11 pm

PP. wrote:I don't wonder why some stupids make antics, it is normal.

... and there's another example of insulting people on a personal note when nobody was insulting you. But of course you won't see it that way because all you ever do is 'respond to posts'. Here's a thought for you. Grow up and learn to ignore perceived attacks and you may be a somewhat happier individual than you clearly are currently.

PP. wrote:As you know, I don't. Did you ever saw something fake from me?

The statement was about broken games as well, and you have most definitely uploaded on those. The most recent example being the recently starred bubble symphony clone that is clearly broken.

PP. wrote:You haven't read the discussion. BBH said I asked something from a mamedev(haze) and I explain that I couldn't know that haze was a mamedev.

I absolutely have read the discussion and your question was a direct response to the very post where Haze explained to you that both he and Kale actually work on the very emulator you use. But once again, you're deliberately ignoring that your question was to Haze, and not to BBH's comment which was quite some way back in this thread. So don't try to use that as a justification for asking if he was one of them in direct response to a post where he clearly stated that he was. But then that seems to be your modus operandi on these forums so why should I expect anything different?

PP. wrote:Now, when scores exists for 10 years(like in wrally2) why is bad to add mine too?

Because it is just pure bad form end of story! It was bad form by the original people and it's bad form to continue with that sort of rubbish upload carry on. With thousands of correctly working games, why bother with broken games at all?!?

PP. wrote:Do we all have the same rights, yes or no?

What is it with you and rights. If the game is broken just don't upload to it. Would you loot from a store just because others are looting from that store? Of course not, and if you did good luck trying to use that sort of logic as your defence in court. What a preposterous attempt at justifying uploading scores on broken games. Just ignore them for goodness sake, there's thousands of properly working games to play and submit on so why not select some of them instead? (Of course, you'd need to put more effort in on a lot of them to actually get any leaderboard points, so it's actually quite clear why.)
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 am

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby PP. » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:38 pm

Once more I have to answer to a marathon of cesspit from someone who loves to waste his free time in this way

BeeJay wrote:... and there's another example of insulting people on a personal note when nobody was insulting you. But of course you won't see it that way because all you ever do is 'respond to posts'. Here's a thought for you. Grow up and learn to ignore perceived attacks and you may be a somewhat happier individual than you clearly are currently.


I never insult someone if he haven't insulted me before.
Grow up and cut the craps, this is the suitable thought for you.

BeeJay wrote:The statement was about broken games as well, and you have most definitely uploaded on those. The most recent example being the recently starred bubble symphony clone that is clearly broken..


There are many blind games too, why you woke up only when I uploaded my inp?
Too much complex...

BeeJay wrote:I absolutely have read the discussion......


If you read then no more nonsenses about this, I asked haze 'are you a mamedev' expecting the answer 'yes', then my next question would be 'and how could I know that'(as bbh said)?


BeeJay wrote:[
Because it is just pure bad form end of story! It was bad form by the original people and it's bad form to continue with that sort of rubbish upload carry on. With thousands of correctly working games, why bother with broken games at all?!?.


When I see an entry in the boards, maybe 5 or 10 or more years ago, corfirmed or not confirmed, I assume its legal, so I upload mine too.
Some other times I report a strange entry, I receive no answer, so I go on and upload mine.
If there are problems then editors, mods or whatever have to take care of them. Don't blame me just because you have a great complex. You are boring and funny.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby Haze » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:53 pm

PP. wrote:As you know, I don't. Did you ever saw something fake from me?
Now, when scores exists for 10 years(like in wrally2) why is bad to add mine too? Do we all have the same rights, yes or no?


So when you fired up World Rally 2, saw a big red warning telling you the game doesn't work, and proceeded to 'play' the game, what was going through your mind?

Did you feel the game was functioning as it should? Did you think you were producing something that the community here would be impressed by, or interested in? What was the value of your submission to the community?

Why didn't you just realise the game was broken, press escape, and realise whoever had already submitted scores on it was dumb for doing so. That would be the logical course of action.

This is a community, people in the community have limited time. As part of the community your actions within the community should be in the best interests of the community, I fail to understand how uploading scores from entirely broken games, that you can't help but notice are broken is within the interests of the community, regardless of if somebody else had done it before. People have tried to hack the MARP servers before, does that make it OK to try and hack the MARP servers?

There are still some impressive uploads on MARP, I was pleased to see Pasky's 1CC recordings of the PGM game 'The Gladiator' (to the point where I have currently unlisted videos of those recordings on my YouTube channel, so I can watch then whenever I please) There's a world between the value of uploads of that quality, and people 'playing' obviously broken games for no apparent reason.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:04 pm

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby PP. » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Haze wrote:
So when you fired up World Rally 2, saw a big red warning telling you the game doesn't work, and proceeded to 'play' the game, what was going through your mind?

Did you feel the game was functioning as it should? Did you think you were producing something that the community here would be impressed by, or interested in? What was the value of your submission to the community?

Why didn't you just realise the game was broken, press escape, and realise whoever had already submitted scores on it was dumb for doing so. That would be the logical course of action.

This is a community, people in the community have limited time. As part of the community your actions within the community should be in the best interests of the community, I fail to understand how uploading scores from entirely broken games, that you can't help but notice are broken is within the interests of the community, regardless of if somebody else had done it before. People have tried to hack the MARP servers before, does that make it OK to try and hack the MARP servers?



The meaning of a competition is to be FAIR. Can you understand that? If you can't then it's pointless to go on.

When a game is broken, blind or whatever is editor's, mod's or whoever has the authority, to take care of it.
You want to blame players instead? Fine. Explain me then, why those 2 players have the right to keep their scores in those old mame versioons, while I don't have it?...
Last edited by PP. on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby Haze » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:01 pm

PP. wrote:
Haze wrote:
So when you fired up World Rally 2, saw a big red warning telling you the game doesn't work, and proceeded to 'play' the game, what was going through your mind?

Did you feel the game was functioning as it should? Did you think you were producing something that the community here would be impressed by, or interested in? What was the value of your submission to the community?

Why didn't you just realise the game was broken, press escape, and realise whoever had already submitted scores on it was dumb for doing so. That would be the logical course of action.

This is a community, people in the community have limited time. As part of the community your actions within the community should be in the best interests of the community, I fail to understand how uploading scores from entirely broken games, that you can't help but notice are broken is within the interests of the community, regardless of if somebody else had done it before. People have tried to hack the MARP servers before, does that make it OK to try and hack the MARP servers?



The meaning of a competition is to be FAIR. Can you understand that? If you can't then it's pointless to go on.

When a game is broken, blind ot whatever is editor's, mod's whoever has the authority, to take care of it.
You want to blame players instead? Fine. Explain me then, why those 2 players have the right to keep their scores in those old mame versioons, while I don't have it?...


They don't, they should get -500 points or whatever is suggested for playing a broken game too, but using the 'somebody else did it' excuse is playground stuff, preschool. Show that you're better than them, not that you're willing to sink to any level, even ones that are *obviously* wrong.

All you're doing is showing that you're just as bad as the worst members by copying their bad behaviors. That's why people don't like you.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:04 pm

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby PP. » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Haze wrote:
They don't, they should get -500 points or whatever is suggested for playing a broken game too, but using the 'somebody else did it' excuse is playground stuff, preschool. Show that you're better than them, not that you're willing to sink to any level, even ones that are *obviously* wrong.


I have many suggestions to do too, my grandma too. But until then, why you blame only me?
I repeat it because you sound like you didn't get it: the competition has to be fair.


Haze wrote:
That's why people don't like you.


People = your stupid friends who run after me like doggies.

Normal people want fair competition, trust me.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby Haze » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:11 pm

PP. wrote:
Haze wrote:
They don't, they should get -500 points or whatever is suggested for playing a broken game too, but using the 'somebody else did it' excuse is playground stuff, preschool. Show that you're better than them, not that you're willing to sink to any level, even ones that are *obviously* wrong.


I have many suggestions to do too, my grandma too. But until then, why you blame only me?
I repeat it because you sound like you didn't get it: the competition has to be fair.


Haze wrote:
That's why people don't like you.


People = your stupid friends who run after me like doggies.

Normal people want fair competition, trust me.


The competition IS fair, a few people with scores on a broken game isn't affecting the competition.

People uploading scores for lots of broken games, or trying to grab 1st places using broken games or putting in an absolute minimal effort is *not* fair competition, it's cheating the system in a very obvious way. You're a cheat, no better than the cheats who uploaded the scores on the broken games in the first place. Sure, you have the right to be a cheat just like them, but people will call you out on it, as they are.

You're continuing to prove that you're nothing more than a troll, both with your uploads, and your comments here.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:04 pm

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby PP. » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Haze wrote:
The competition IS fair


Then why you blame me when I do what others do?


Haze wrote:People uploading scores for lots of broken games, or trying to grab 1st places using broken games or putting in an absolute minimal effort is *not* fair competition, it's cheating the system in a very obvious way. You're a cheat, no better than the cheats who uploaded the scores on the broken games in the first place. Sure, you have the right to be a cheat just like them, but people will call you out on it, as they are..


Decide... it is or it isn't?

If there are cheats here, what mods do?

Haze wrote:You're continuing to prove that you're nothing more than a troll, both with your uploads, and your comments here.


Your opinion has the same value with a fly's motion.
I'm a scorer, you are a doggy which run after me, that's all.
Last edited by PP. on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: More fake uploads from Saulon

Postby Haze » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:27 pm

PP. wrote:
Haze wrote:
The competition IS fair, a few people with scores on a broken game isn't affecting the competition.


Then why you blame me when I do what others do?


Haze wrote:People uploading scores for lots of broken games, or trying to grab 1st places using broken games or putting in an absolute minimal effort is *not* fair competition, it's cheating the system in a very obvious way. You're a cheat, no better than the cheats who uploaded the scores on the broken games in the first place. Sure, you have the right to be a cheat just like them, but people will call you out on it, as they are..


Decide... is it or it isn't?


Haze wrote:You're continuing to prove that you're nothing more than a troll, both with your uploads, and your comments here.


Your opinion has the same value with a fly's motion.
I'm a scorer, you are a doggy which run after me, that's all.


You seem to not understand the difference between the spirit of competition and 'rules'

You seem to not understand the basic concept of 'do not be a dick'

You seem to think it's ok to copy any bad behavior others show, and use that as your reason.

This has been pointed out to you 1000 times.

This is your problem.

You are adding nothing of value to this site, or this community, yet you think you should have a high place on some leaderboard for it. That is no different to the cheats you're complaining about. If you had no account here, and all your scores were deleted MARP would be a better place for it. That is your legacy.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Regulation Play

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron