Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Despatche
Button Masher
Button Masher

Darius Gaiden Extra Version (dariusgx) modes

Post by Despatche »

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/dariusgx

Forgot about this. This romset has two different modes depending on which player side you start the game on: player 1 gives you reshuffled level order with branching paths, while player 2 gives you every single stage of the original level order. Definitely needs a split, I think. I would assume that every score on the site used the player 1 mode.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: Darius Gaiden Extra Version (dariusgx) modes

Post by giro-X »

I'd like to underline this again.
1P side is easy to finish, 7 areas only.
2P side is hard to finish, but 28 areas to clear.
I guess someone knew about the 1P/2P difference but, since the goal was to get highest score, with 2P side path it's almost impossible to get further than a 1P side path all clear, and so nobody did it. I would also agree to have a split.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Alright, so, after playing nothing else than Darius Gaiden in MAME since who knows when, I legitly went for a 1P side run of this game and got a score of 15'178'440, that would definitely beat all the current 1P side runs on this leaderboard, but at the same time I'm not sure to be deleting the 2P side run I already uploaded which is of course higher in score. (and I'm going to retry 2P side and train even further, 1CC is the goal).

Now I would really love to see a split happening (as much as before, actually), but at the same time I'm the only person currently trying for the 2P side runs, so I'd understand if you see this suggestion as selfish and no split is applied.
After all, in the eventuality that nothing changes, I can always upload here in this thread and/or add links to my description, as my usual.

(Also, why did I say 5 years ago that "1P side is easy" because it only has 7 zones. Man, if only I knew. The beginning of this was harsh, especially playing for score.)
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

giro-X wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:58 am Alright, so, after playing nothing else than Darius Gaiden in MAME since who knows when, I legitly went for a 1P side run of this game and got a score of 15'178'440, that would definitely beat all the current 1P side runs on this leaderboard, but at the same time I'm not sure to be deleting the 2P side run I already uploaded which is of course higher in score. (and I'm going to retry 2P side and train even further, 1CC is the goal).

Now I would really love to see a split happening (as much as before, actually), but at the same time I'm the only person currently trying for the 2P side runs, so I'd understand if you see this suggestion as selfish and no split is applied.
After all, in the eventuality that nothing changes, I can always upload here in this thread and/or add links to my description, as my usual.

(Also, why did I say 5 years ago that "1P side is easy" because it only has 7 zones. Man, if only I knew. The beginning of this was harsh, especially playing for score.)
This is the 15M run I was talking about if anybody wants to give it a look. On request the INP unless/until one day we make a split so in that case I'll upload it to MARP of course.
I'm very proud of this replay, also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTxAdbexpjE