Bermuda Triangle

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Bermuda Triangle

Post by simpsons99 »

Bermuda Triangle there is only 2 Rom sets listed for scores when there is 4 ?

They are not named right So no clue on which one to post scores for ..
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Bermuda Triangle

Post by mahlemiut »

It's not that hard when you are using an up to date MAME version...
The MARP database is always updated (eventually, it's currently at 0.155), so the sets should match exactly.

bermudat has 1 clone - bermudatj
worldwar has 1 clone - bermudata
Two separate games, each with one clone.

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/ma ... snk.c#L134
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

simpsons99 wrote:They are not named right So no clue on which one to post scores for ..
I added the following comment to the score you uploaded for bermudat:
[According to the inp it is a recording of bermudat so that's the 'correct' short name to use when uploading. BJ]
Cheers,
BeeJay.
Despatche
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Despatche »

The dips in this one are a real mess. First off, MAME doesn't use all off by default for any set. None of the sets have Coin 2 maxed out as all off would be, while Version 2 removed the timed game settings and made no continues all off. Then:

-otokaru claims there are no known factory settings for what would be the Japanese Bermuda Triangle version 1. Strangely, the below manual claims that only the world version has Coin 2, though MAME currently uses Coin 2 and its dips in the listed Japan set.
-There is a manual floating around for Bermuda Triangle version 1's presumed world set, which lists all dips off in a picture and otherwise provides no suggestions.
-There's only a sheet of World Wars dips out there, no factory settings or even recommendations given. As MAME notes, the extend settings given in the sheet and in the game are meant for version 1, as World Wars's coding uses the lower extend settings of the US version 2.
-The US manual for version 2 gives 35K/70K only and gives either easy or normal difficulty on two different pages. MAME currently uses 20K/50K/every (which would be lowest), never mind all the other dip changes.

The idea of "easy" instead of "normal" being default like that is silly (and rare) as is, but oh well. Guess if I ever submit for version 2 at least, it'll be normal difficulty and the second two lives only setting.

With the timed settings and the overall feel of the game, I want to say that it was inspired by Hector '87 or something. Wonder if anyone will want to play the timed modes...