Hyper Athlete

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Hyper Athlete

Post by PAC-MAN »

I dont understand one thing, my hyper athlete score was reset by autofire and I agree, but obviously ASW uses autofire too and has not been reset his score, someone can check it out, Please. I want to be sure .
One more thing:
With the command, "-input view" you can see that ASW always press keys button 1+ button left together and button 2+ button right toghether ,all the time!!!, automatically and never fails, makes no sense and is humanly impossible!

thanks!
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: Hyper Athlete

Post by Chad »

cool, thanks for admitting, we did check this other one (ASW) too, however it is not confirm-able autofire, It is very fast to the eye, especially the 100 dash, but the button presses are similar to multi finger techniques, that are done by good button pressers. It is not out of the woods because it looks suspicious, but just not confirmed by detection, yet.
-skito
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

PAC-MAN wrote:With the command, "-input view" you can see that ASW always press keys button 1+ button left together and button 2+ button right toghether ,all the time!!!, automatically and never fails, makes no sense and is humanly impossible!
ASW was a joystick runner. A *fast* joystick runner, I would say.
This game is a button masher type, so for sure he mapped his stick's left/right on button 1/3, to run with his joystick instead of buttons. In fact you never see left(1)+right(3) together, only left+1 or right+3.
If he would have used multifinger techniques you would have find sometimes 1+3.
ASW was a fair player, please remember it.
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

I understand . Thanks for the answers. ;)
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

In ASW's inp, autofire can't be proved easily like in your inp.
I agree, the fact that LEFT and RIGHT are pressed is very strange, because LEFT and RIGHT has zero effect on running as far as I know ...
I don't know why he did that ; maybe this a mapping issue like Rax said ?
And unfortunately ASW is no more with us to bring some precisions.

I've discussed yesterday with Blost (2nd place), he told me that he used to play the game on PS, he only made 2 or 3 attempts on Mame to build his 16k+ score.
He was using a PS joystick (with adaptator) and told me that time under 8s on 100m dash wasn't that much hard to manage.
My joystick isn't a very good one, but in 2 or 3 days I've managed 8"38 (ASW : 7"69).
On 110m hurdle, I've managed 11"08 missing an obstacle, so ASW's 9"92 looks human even if very fast.
What impressed me the most is his 41"07 on 100m free style, because on this event I can't manage to maintain the rhythm so long (15-20s is my limit, after my arm says no).
In an other hand, the week point of ASW's inp is high jump : only 2m45 (you can see 2m65 in my inp)
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Agodzilla »

Phil Lamat wrote:In ASW's inp, autofire can't be proved easily like in your inp.
I agree, the fact that LEFT and RIGHT are pressed is very strange, because LEFT and RIGHT has zero effect on running as far as I know ...
I don't know why he did that ; maybe this a mapping issue like Rax said ?
And unfortunately ASW is no more with us to bring some precisions.

I've discussed yesterday with Blost (2nd place), he told me that he used to play the game on PS, he only made 2 or 3 attempts on Mame to build his 16k+ score.
He was using a PS joystick (with adaptator) and told me that time under 8s on 100m dash wasn't that much hard to manage.
My joystick isn't a very good one, but in 2 or 3 days I've managed 8"38 (ASW : 7"69).
On 110m hurdle, I've managed 11"08 missing an obstacle, so ASW's 9"92 looks human even if very fast.
What impressed me the most is his 41"07 on 100m free style, because on this event I can't manage to maintain the rhythm so long (15-20s is my limit, after my arm says no).
In an other hand, the week point of ASW's inp is high jump : only 2m45 (you can see 2m65 in my inp)
Maybe i can help you saying that i was at ASW's home these days?
Can be useful if i say that was me that suggested ASW to map those controls because they fitted perfectly ASW playing style?
If this is not enough then i would tell you that in the next few days on AEX we'll playing the Memorial ASW were one of the games chosen it's Hyper Athlete,I'm gonna use the same identical setup that was used by ASW 8 years ago.
Well..i hope i'll be able to entertain all of you with some good inps,regular ones ofcourse :!: :roll: