Terra Force (Japan) inputs [terrafj]

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

edusword
Button Masher
Button Masher

Terra Force (Japan) inputs [terrafj]

Post by edusword »

The are two inputs in the clon Terra Force (Japan) [terrafj]. I was trying to confirm both inputs, but I think they correspond to the current parent romset [terraf].

Both inputs were played using the formerly named Terra Force (set 2) [terrafa] romset. Studying the documentation, please see the bold marked words:

- 0.142u2: Angelo Salese implemented MCU simulation to clones Terra Force (US set 1) and (US set 2). Hand-fixed bit-rot bit in Terra Force (bootleg), fixing the attract mode crash. Fixed emulation of the extra Z80 in clone Terra Force (Japan bootleg with additional Z80) (used as a replacement for the protection), promoting it to working. Bill D. and The Dumping Union redumped clone Terra Force (Japan bootleg with additional Z80) bitrotted rom. Changed description of 'Terra Force (set 1)' to 'Terra Force (bootleg)' and clones 'Terra Force (US)' to 'Terra Force (US set 1)', 'Terra Force (set 2)' to 'Terra Force (US set 2)' and 'Terra Force (bootleg with additional Z80)' to 'Terra Force (Japan bootleg with additional Z80)'.

- 0.143: ShouTime added Terra Force (Japan). Changed clone 'Terra Force (US set 2)' to parent 'Terra Force' and clone '(US set 1)' to '(US)'. Renamed (terraf) to (terrafb), (terrafa) to (terraf) and (terrafb) to (terrafjb).

I think both inputs should be moved to the parent romset. Thank you!
***PL***
Editor

Re: Terra Force (Japan) inputs [terrafj]

Post by ***PL*** »

There was an error made back at m143 with renaming the Terra Force clones. Fixed now!! Try it again and let me know if you are still having problems...
edusword
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by edusword »

I've just checked ALL the INPs of all romsets, and according to the MAME info documentation, these are my results (after your changes):

Terra Force [terraf]
All OK. I confirmed both INPs.

Terra Force (bootleg) [terrafb]
All OK.

Terra Force (Japan) [terrafj]
Both INPs are NOT from terrafj. They are from Terra Force (bootleg) [terrafb]. So both INP should be moved to terrafb. There is none play from terrafj yet.

Terra Force (Japan bootleg with additional Z80) [terrafjb]
All OK.

Terra Force (US) [terrafu]
The first position (http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/5/0/b/pic ... olf114.zip) in reality is from the main set of Wolf114: Terra Force [terraf]. Currently this set is Terra Force (bootleg) [terrafb]. So this INP should be moved to terrafb.
The rest of INPs are OK.

Please, correct the mistakes when you will have time. Thank you! :wink:
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

edusword, Thank you so much! I moved the three INPs to terrafb. Another one from El Wil (under terrafu) popped up, but I have a feeling this one should belong under terrafb as well, since is was recorded around the same time Sept 2007. Let me know if I should leave it as is or delete.
edusword
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by edusword »

***PL*** wrote:edusword, Thank you so much! I moved the three INPs to terrafb. Another one from El Wil (under terrafu) popped up, but I have a feeling this one should belong under terrafb as well, since is was recorded around the same time Sept 2007. Let me know if I should leave it as is or delete.
Yes, for sure you are right! The INP of "el wil" belong under terrafb and not under terrafu. As he has a higher score in set terrafb, I think the terrafu score should be delete.

Thanks to you. For me it's a pleasure to contribute to the improvement in MARP ;)

Regards!