Gridiron Fight

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

dickmoreland
Button Masher
Button Masher

Gridiron Fight

Post by dickmoreland »

This is an American Football game where the current scores are all for just the first quarter. I'm a little confused as the rules for these types of games. Can I play a full length game and submit the score? The current scores all appear to be for just the first quarter so if I play a full game my score is going to be much larger. But these are all old scores so maybe the rule changed? I noticed that the top score has a message that says his full game score was 102 so maybe the recording has the full game and someone could change the score? That is, if these are supposed to be full game scores.

There are other football games that are like this so even though I'm asking about this specific game, I'd assume it would apply to all these types of games. If the current scores are all for one quarter, do I need to do the same or are the current rules such that all football games should be played as full games regardless of what's been done in the past?

Thanks for clarifying.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: Gridiron Fight

Post by Chad »

marp has always traditionally been one credit only and if you can earn more time with good play then so be it but if not 1 credit statds. there was a sports rule that was voted to allow full games in baseball and football, I'm not sure why this one was left over unless there is a way you can earn more time. Regulation coordinator can comment and rule on this.

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/aafb
-skito
_Zaphod_
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by _Zaphod_ »

In many sports games, like say, NBA Jam, a full game is 4 credits. one per quarter, and to make progress properly in the standings you MUST play all four quarters.

you are in fact intended to play out the full game, so in such games I believe a full game of 4 credits should be allowed.
_Zaphod_
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by _Zaphod_ »

All American Football is a odd case that doesn't fall under this because your score is not based on the sports score.

Instead it's the "salary" number, which is provided to you when you fail to continue.