Bottom of the ninth

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

il_kornutazzo
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Bottom of the ninth

Post by il_kornutazzo »

In this arcade, games are played according with the left time (more credits = more left time). As the standard time got with 1 credit (1 min and a half with standard settings) can't be enough to play a full match (9 innings), a special rule has been already set to make this game playable on marp: basically u have to play a whole match (never mind if u restore the left time adding credits) and, only if u win after the 9 innings, u'll get a score that will be 100 (for winning) + the difference between ur score and the opponent's score (of course a positive number, as u have won). So the marp score will be calculated only through this match.
Now, the opponent team (and we may suppose also its playing mode and/or skill) changes time by time (depending on the team u have chosen for urself), so a marp final score based only on this first match may be something almost random, meaning that if I'm lucky just with this first match (ex: winning 4-0 in the last inning coz of a lucky big slam), I could easily override, on marp, a solid player that is pretty skilled but could win just that match with a score difference lower than mine. Besides, it's more than obvious that u can't get a great range of score difference playing one only match and in fact u can see that the difference among first places on marp is just very few points.
Being more specific, I'd like to make u notice that in this arcade, no matter wether u have won or lost the previous match, if u still have some left time, u'll start a new match with another of the 5 available teams. So I'd like to propose a little modify to the actual special rule. This is the way I'd suggest it:
the player has to play the full first match. Marp score is calculated according with the actual special rule (so: playing till player or CPU wins; if player loses, score will be 0; if he wins, score will be 100 + the difference between player's score and opponent's score)
if the player has won a match, he'll play the full next match with another team (still playing till player or CPU wins). Here: if he loses, no further score will be added to his previous marp score and game will end anyway; if he wins, 100 + the difference between player's score and opponent's score will be added to his previous marp score and the player will have the right to play the next full match. This rule is for all matches after the first one. In this way, we may have scores among a min of 101 to some thousands (or more).

To be honest, I see only a little issue in the above described rule and it's for marp confirmers (coz if the player is very skilled, they'll risk to check an inp for hours), but still.... we may discuss it :D
il_kornutazzo
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: Bottom of the ninth

Post by il_kornutazzo »

As it might be not so fair changing (better: proposing to change) the rules after some scores in the first positions have been already submitted, I would better propose a split for that game: "single match score" (according with the actual special rules) and "multi-match score" (according with the modified rules). Of course the same inp may be submitted only in one of those 2 modes (ex: player wins the first match 7-1, then the second match 3-0 and loses the third match. Then he could choose to submit the score 106 in the "single match" mode or to submit the score 209 in the "multi-match" mode, not both).