Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

ROMSET NAME CONFUSION!!

Post by kernzy »

HI ALL!
quite a number of games i play on mame have different rom names from the same titles on MARP.
if someone could explain why, i would be delighted, as i feel i have wasted alot of time getting scores for games with the wrong rom name.
for example, HYPER OLYMPIC (bootleg)'s rom name on marp is "hyprolymb". i have all the clones in my roms master folder, including hyprolymb, but on my game list it does not appear. i tried on at least 4 other mames and it is not recognised there either.
how do i get "hyprolymb" to work?
cheers all,
all the best,
paul. :D
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: ROMSET NAME CONFUSION!!

Post by mahlemiut »

Was hyprolyb in 0.106, later changed to hyprolymb. It's there, you're just not looking hard enough. ;)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

hi Barry,
in my roms folder i have hyperspt, hypersptb, hyprolym, hyprolymb and hypsptsp.
they are all present in the game list apart from hyprolymb. i even deleted all the others and audited all games. still does not show up.
i have no where else to look now.
any tips, me old jedi master?
cheers!
paul. :D
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

another problem due to the fear of command line:

wolf106 has these Hyper Sport clones
$ ./wolf106 -listclones hypersptb
Name: Clone of:
hpolym84 hyperspt

mame147 has these Hyper Sport clones
$ ./mame -listclones hyperspt
hpolym84 hyperspt
hypersptb hyperspt

Just because you have a rom called hypersptb.zip doesn't mean any version of mame recognize it. Only newer than 106 mames can recognize hypersptb since its not in 106's clone listing to be recognized.

Btw, hyprolym is a clone of Track and Field. hpolym84 is not a clone of Track and Field. as you can see from the command line

$ ./wolf106 -listclones trackfld
trackflc trackfld
hyprolym trackfld <========
hyprolyb trackfld
atlantol trackfld
-skito
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

now thats what i'm talking about!!
thanks for that. where do you guys get this information from? top class stuff.
i understand now.
i do not have a fear of command line, it just don't work!! :lol:
if you saw simpsons99 thread on "cosmica1" where my score was demoted, you will notice i got the record back using wolf 138. :D :D 8) :D :D !!!!!!!!!!
i never even referred to previous instructions, as i have typed the required command lines soooo many times, just ending in failure. i must assume that i have messed up some of my older mames, don't know for sure, but i simply downloaded wolf 138, extracted the files, added roms and inp folders, opened the command line, typed in the necessary commands, and hey presto, i managed to play and record cosmica1 on my first go. :D
it was really that simple. up and running in seconds. so i went to another cmd wolf, and nothing worked again! maybe i should delete the old ones and download again.
that was a hell of a frustrating period.
so a big thanks to you all for your continuous advice, especiall Beejay for his detailed walkthrough.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
i cannot thank you enough. i wish i could return the favours somehow.
all the very best,
Kernzy.