SPACE CHASER (schaser)

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

SPACE CHASER (schaser)

Post by kernzy »

the current record for space chaser is done with 5 lives. tg default settings are for 3 lives only. oooh, the cheek of it!! :lol:
i can only assume the 2nd place is also using 5 lives, but i cannot check that inp.
cheers!! :evil:
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: SPACE CHASER (schaser)

Post by kernzy »

funny,
i thought this stuff was important!!
i.e., eradicating cheaters, etc... [-X
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Please people post a link to MARP scores for game in question when making topics like these.

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/(schaser,schasercv)

..."So THAT'S what this topic is about"...
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

oh yeah!! forgot link.
i thought the dialogue would be sufficient!
cheers! :D
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Links help a lot. Just like gui's help people who don't like to type in the command line, clicking buttons/links is a lot easier than reading someones discussion and then having to type in the game name in the command line field... lol

Now that I can click I can see the top scores use 5 lives. You wouldn't want your score deleted if mame suddenly changed the default to 2 lives when you used 3 lives, would you? So the default MARP situation is to continue to allow 5 lives settings in newer mames for Space Chaser until there is a vote to force only 3 lives. The existing grandfathered scores are not cheating they are just using settings default to an older mame.
-skito
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

LOL sKITO!! :lol:
my bad!! i do love a good link! i just forgot.
as per usual something i try on marp ends in failure!! :-({|=
it really was a cheeky shot at a leaderboard point. (after a demotion of mine) i really practiced hard to get my score, and was amazed to see on marp it was bettered. thats why i looked, as i new it was a superb score, needing more lives. (quite alot of my tg records are only 3rd or 4th place on marp, so i questioned them immediately, as i thought they would've been entered on tg also. i now know why they are not)
since joining marp, i realise a new level of info and other stuff. information you guys dole out is brilliant. i never knew about older mames default settings. seems confusing still, as the arcade versions all were 3 lives by default.
so how will i know about this rule for other games? for example, how many other games could i use extra lives for to succeed better, or are there others which need to be demoted? seems that only you guys know!
i only deemed the top score to be a cheat because of the 3 life default settings. now i know i need to change dips and try harder!! for it's age it's a decent game.
cheers, dude!
all the best,
paul. :D
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

it's not a problem anymore, i just beat the record after 2 attempts.
cheers! :D
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

actually, he uses 6 lives, as do i!!!!!!