Devil World Anti-Leeching Proposal

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Devil World Anti-Leeching Proposal

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

I had a hell of a time to try and get that 3 million score of Devil World to work for me, but I did manage to figure out precisely where the leeching is done.

In the Metropolis level, there are 5 exits to choose from, but only one is the correct one. If you go through a door and it's not the correct one, you get transported to another door in the level and have to find the key again. Where the LEECHING begins, is you can simply exploit this with sheer luck [or as I call it, "Hijack the Coke Truck"] of getting 2-3 Cola's per run through. Even if you don't get any for 1 or 2 loops, if you play wisely, you can easily survive. Even if you die doing this, a bit of work and you have a fully stocked hero again.

What I've done for the 2007 Mame Decathlon is prohibit people from entering the same exit way twice on Metropolis, banning their attempt if they do. This means a truly high score will come from skill, luck [lots of it when it comes down to Cola] and lots of luck when it comes to Metropolis. A fortunate player will be able to go through Metropolis 5 times legitimately before dying or moving to the next level/scenario.

PLENTY of opportunity to get a good score going like this and it will make the fight for first more intriguing. Especially as there's no way to earn extra lives, and if you sit on a stage too long... well yeah.. nasty.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

Mr. Flewin wrote:Official Twin Galaxies Nes Referee!
is this the actual upright arcade machine or emulated on p.c. like the rest of us?
banning their attempt if they do.
you mean physically barring them from proceeding?