MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

QRS wrote:
sawys wrote:Marp username = Sawys@jvrm.net

1 - NO
2 - NO
3 - NO cos it's useless to precise it !

I vote NO for all cos i think it's impossible to detect to my knowledge and it seems that you suspect that everyone is a cheater :twisted:
Then I can inform you that we can detect it... with our knowledge. Maybe you should inform yourself about that before you vote? Do you really think we should try and enforce such a rule if we did not have the abillity to check it? Regardless of that, should you not vote for the option that you feel is right instead of taking the option that fits your "knowledge" ? Yes or no is of course up to you but I fear when people vote and have no idea what they are talking about... seriouslly. No offense, but that is not a good thing.

ps:Don't take this as personal flame or likewise. I just want to expand your knowledge a bit :)
Ok thank you for the information, will you watch it in the old inps ?
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Username: Buttermaker

1. yes
2. yes
3. no
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

1) Y
2) Y
3) N
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

MARP USER NAME :wuzel@hotteam.pl

1. NO
2. NO
3. YES

greetings all :)
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
przeciumek
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by przeciumek »

Marp username: ciumek@HotTeam.pl

1 No
2 No
3 Yes

You were a bit late, poll ended at Apr 06, 2005 9:24 pm -forum time
Thanks anyway, TJT
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Poll results

Post by The TJT »

Hi all,
Poll has ended, results are as follows:

1. YES - 22, NO - 10
2. YES - 22, NO - 10
3. YES - 14, NO - 18

So these two rules will be added into MARP rules page:

Code: Select all

2c) At Marp, it is not permitted to use more than one key or button in MAME for the same arcade machine button simultaneously.

Example1: You map keys Q,W,E,R,T,Y to Hypersports running button 1 and smash them simultaneously, to get unhuman button pushing speed ---NOT OK
Example2: You map 2 buttons and joystick to hypersports running buttons...you use joystick at all events, except at skeets you use buttons.(you don't use joystick and buttons same time) ---ok
Example3: At Tron you use analog joystick for movement, but at lightcycles you use keyboard ---ok
Example4: At fighter, you use button macros of joystick ----NOT OK
(Added example 4)

2d) Mapping two or more of the original arcade machine's buttons to a single key or joystick button in MAME is not permitted. 

Example1: At fighter, you map mame buttons 1 and 2 and 3 to keyboard key Q, so you can make a special move with 100% accuracy by pushing only one button --- NOT OK 
Example2: At fighter, you map key Q to player 1 joystick up and left..this way when you press Q, you get a diagonal with 100% accuracy---NOT OK
Example3: At Hypersports you map both 2 running buttons to keyboard key Q, you get 2 pushes at game by pushing Q once ---NOT OK
(Added example 2)

Thanks for everyone who voted and helped to make rules for MARP submissions!
Also for those who decided not to.

Happy gaming,
TJT
Last edited by The TJT on Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Point 2 is for Crazy Climber, Assault and others with hard control for keyboard too?
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

destructor wrote:Point 2 is for Crazy Climber, Assault and others with hard control for keyboard too?
I was expecting this question, still don't know how to answer this. Let's just say that I won't be looking for multiple buttton mapping for games where you don't gain advantage over joystick users...Robotron etc...

If you play Battle Zone with easier controls, your a wussy though! :wink:
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I'm confused about point 3. Can players use diagonals?
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

destructor wrote:I'm confused about point 3. Can players use diagonals?

Example2:: At fighter, you map key Q to player 1 joystick up and left..this way when you press Q, you get a diagonal with 100% accuracy---NOT OK 
+ read my previous post.
Patwos
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Patwos »

Destructor wrote:Point 2 is for Crazy Climber, Assault and others with hard control for keyboard too?
You find Crazy Climber hard with the keyboard?

I actually find this game easier to play with Mame on the keyboard than I did playing it with two joysticks in the arcade. Mainly I think because it's quicker to swap fingers on buttons than it was to move those blasted joysticks on the original game.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Patwos wrote:
Destructor wrote:Point 2 is for Crazy Climber, Assault and others with hard control for keyboard too?
You find Crazy Climber hard with the keyboard?

I actually find this game easier to play with Mame on the keyboard than I did playing it with two joysticks in the arcade. Mainly I think because it's quicker to swap fingers on buttons than it was to move those blasted joysticks on the original game.
You are crazy. How high is your score? Please show how quick you move in cclimber.
I spend much time on cclimber. With key mapping game is still hard to control.
On sticks you made moves natural to human body, on keyboard totally unnatural finger moves. To many mistakes when you press up, down on left side and down, up on right side. For me is impossible to climbing without mapping keys. I don't climb any 1 window.
You must be very talented. Maybe you are pianist?

In my whole life I have breaked 7 fingers (3 on left hand and 4 on right) and my talent is lower than you.

I wait for your cclimber inp.

PS. I will have AS, then rules for these games are not very important for me.But I spend a much time for playing on keyboard and much time on cclimber and I know that control with keyboard is very very hard even if you map keys. And none pianist don't say me that it's easy.

PS. In this poll should vote keyboard players only.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Rules updated.