Sawys' Scramble Spirits recording

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I do have one more question... just how long did it take you to make this recording?
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Time

Post by sawys »

Missions completed in 35 minutes from the beginning till the game over.

But if this is bad for me, my problem is that i have no way to know if i am under the real speed with Wolfmame.
Maybe there is a bug with the configuration in my system.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Ok, that game should have only taken 15 minutes by my calculations. There's something mightily strange going on if 100% speed is reported, when it so obviously isn't running at 100%.

Are there any unusual programs that you have running in the background that may cause this... antivirus programs can sometimes cause problems.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

sawys
i viewed the ambush techfri
the french touch ?
where is the joan of arc spirit ?
you can do better
coach
tar
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

2 answers

Post by sawys »

First : I have no antivirus, only msn messenger closed, image transfer and In Cd. I don't know what happens.

Second : I post this score on my 2nd game. I discover this game and know that 2nd place is easier to reach than 1st but I will later play better.

You know I just have a baby on 11th april 2004 and I have no much time to play. I try to make it but it's hard now !
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Plus

Post by sawys »

I wanted to add that as i said when you choose the olympic leader board, now , the most important is the rank and not the score and for me it's not important if I am 2nd or 1st.
If the score to beat is easy in the 2nd place, i make it and later i will be back when someone beats me.
The modification of the leaderboard changed my way of thinking and playing with MARP.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: 2 answers

Post by The TJT »

sawys wrote:First : I have no antivirus, only msn messenger closed, image transfer and In Cd. I don't know what happens.
So maybe you have virus then :wink:
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Run sspirits in a window, press F11, press alt+print to take a screenshot, paste it in some graphic program (e.g. MS Paint) and post that screenshot here.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Screenshot

Post by sawys »

Here it is
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Now run the command line version of WolfMAME (mamep.exe) like this:

mamep.exe sspirits -ftr 5000 -nothrottle -noafs

When it's finished take a screenshot of your command prompt window and post it.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

sawys wrote:You know I just have a baby on 11th april 2004 and I have no much time to play. I try to make it but it's hard now !
Funny ; my twins are born 11th april 2003
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

2 answers

Post by sawys »

1 - Here is the screenshot if this is ok.

2 - Phil Lamat, are you french because I saw your highscore in http://www.jvrm.net. You are good to Mahjong !!
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

sawys wrote: 2 - Phil Lamat, are you french because I saw your highscore in http://www.jvrm.net. You are good to Mahjong !!
Français jusqu'au bout des ongles, oui ;
j'ai par contre peu de scores sur Jvrm car je te laisse découvrir la vie avec un enfant, et tu comprendras vite que s'il y en a deux ...
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

sawys wrote:1 - Here is the screenshot if this is ok.
Not exactly. I said mamep.exe, not mame32p.exe. In your "exécuter" window type cmd and hit return. That is the command prompt. Run mamep.exe from there and take a screenshot of the command prompt window after MAME finishes.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

The good screenshot

Post by sawys »

Here it is again !