"Preload" uploads

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

dskys wrote:On my Mame, I don't have to press anywhere near as fast to lift the higher end weights as I do to get a fast swimming.. Strange.
oh..well perhaps I wasn't ever approaching the weightlifting correctly then.

I have heard where if you press the "jump" button each time the guy flashes...it buys you more time to accomplish the lift and perhaps less speed needed.

I just know if I have speed that barely gets me past the swimming or the vault, then I can barely get past the weightlifting also so the speed needed seems similar to me.
Zteuer
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Zteuer »

LN2, try to stay on topic please.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Zteuer wrote:LN2, try to stay on topic please.
Please.

Alleged cheating in every track and field videogame except Hypersports - this thread.

Legitimate Hypersports strategy - another thread.

[-o<
John Cunningham (JTC)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

geesh guys.... 90% of the threads here and at most forums will branch into another semi-related topic within the thread.

The preload issue is currently resolved from what I read above....at least where it's being addressed, scores zeroed etc.

The branch off isn't really all that different...cuz it's a discussion over speed and it's importance in these games to get high scores.

A couple players are stating speed in HS really isn't that important..when I think it's as important. Stated by them in the context of this thread implies that using a RLH or autofire etc. cheat in HS wouldn't matter as much etc.

I am making the point speed is every bit as important in any of these games where no way any method of using RLH or other devices to run for you are legitimate.

My last question is a tad different though I'll admit...cuz I'm wondering how speed isn't as important to get through the weightlifting.

It's obvious Barry and Chad are on top of this now guys...so any further comments on the actual original thread topic aren't really needed now....except B&C listing others they have tested with their inp analyzer programs.

Plus, to give you some bait to keep you "happy", it keeps the thread fresh so more and more visit it and read what's going on with preload. if the thread does dead then people stop viewing it.

Can't you see a player using the same RLH or autofire cheat in HS? Sure you can...but it seems you guys don't care about that for HS. It's just as valid...and might be harder to be conclusive about because a player could choose to not cheat for the first 3 rounds of the game and only start using it in the 4th or 5th rounds for swimming, vault, and weightlifting...the 3 events where speed IMHO is extremely important once you reach the 4th round and beyond.
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

8O
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Buttermaker wrote:8O
8O
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

8O 8O 8O \:D/ \:D/ 8O 8O 8O
QRS
Zteuer
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Zteuer »

I think it is because you are on topic 10% of the time. It is also not your call to make a discussion ended. There are still probably many views on this topic even though they don't come in one day.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

LN2 wrote:...any further comments on the actual original thread topic aren't really needed now
Buttermaker wrote: 8O
TJT wrote: 8O
Congratulations Rick, they're speechless.

Perhaps if Seymour could give you the ability to lock out a thread, you could save us all some time deciding for ourselves when the original topic of discussion no longer needed continuance.
John Cunningham (JTC)
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

perhaps everyone could spend a few minutes away from their beloved pc's and chill a lil?

As a related aside, TJT's 1st place HS score shows autofire signatures for me*

It occurs to me that on a board with so few posts so many people moan about off-topic posts in response to ssues raised within a thread. Maybe you should try a really busy board where posts are locked/moved/deleted by the hundred per day because the mods have a power trip?

Also LN2 and my chat was related. You just need to read every post rather than forming an opinion by skim reading or whatever.

I was arguing that the reason we didn't see any HS inps from preload was because there is very little benefit from using RLH (imo) unlike in TnF where all the scores would be relatively = if it wasn't for exceptionally quick 100m and 110 hurdles.

:roll: :arrow:

*This may not be entirely true. ;)
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Your avatar is annoying.
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

8O
#Find another way to me
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

ImageImageImageImageImage
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

You're very talented, well done.

You're also more off topic than anyone else in this thread. Someone give you a beer or something, or maybe you've not had the net for a few weeks and look how BIG and CLEVER you can be?

:arrow:

Image Image Image Image

!WARNING! !WARNING! !WARNING!

Image Image Image Image

DICKHEAD ALERT!!!DICKHEAD ALERT

All good fun and entirely in jest before you flame me :)
#Find another way to me
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

And I'd like to edit that as it comes across a bit harsh, but i was only messing about... But the edit botton's vanished!

Don't take offence BM, it wasn't intended to cause any

Adi
#Find another way to me