Hard Puncher special modes

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Hard Puncher special modes

Post by Kale »

Looking at GameFaqs for some tips on this game,I've noticed these two secret ways of playing the game:

Code: Select all

UNLOCK A SECRET WORLD

In the japanese version of the game (Hard Puncher), begin a normal game. 
Then, at the opening blue screen, tap LEFT, RIGHT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, RIGHT, 
LEFT, LEFT. If done correctly, a bell will sound. Now your rivals will be 
much harder and even connect specialty punches they didn't originally have. 
Also, you'll be able to string 20-hit combos on some opponents. Beat this 
game mode and you'll be awarded $20,000,000 instead of 10.
(Note: This code appears briefly on screen after beating the game in Regular 
mode.)

UNLOCK A POWERFUL WORLD

In the japanese version of the game (Hard Puncher), begin a normal game. 
Then, at the opening blue screen, tap RIGHT, UP, LEFT, LEFT, DOWN, UP, 
RIGHT, DOWN. If done correctly, a bell will sound. Now knockdowns will occur 
whenever a punch is landed (like sans power in Mortal Kombat). Beat this 
game mode and you'll be awarded $20,000,000 instead of 10.
(Note: This code appears briefly on screen after beating the game in Secret 
World mode.)
I've did some tests on both of them:the second one is definitely to be banned,as it requires no skill at all to get a very good score(notice that this game is all about speed,and beating an opponent with one punch...).The first one is instead strange:it seems that the player gets the features of the opponent,for example if you fight versus the third fighter you can do just mono-punches.It requires some studies/debates to know if that's really a different way to play or just an harder mode.
I will attach a sample replay of the "Powerful World" mode.

Let me know what you think about it...
Luja
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Luja »

I agree.

More secrets:

*Alien ball in power training session*
Go to the Power Training Session and hit all 50 volleyballs. Then, an alien-like ball with veins and teeth will be thrown at your head. If you miss, it will bite your face, but if you hit it, you'll receive an additional 10% increment, for a grand total of a 30% power increment.

*Moai mask*
Sometimes the referee will be wearing a mask of Moai, the stone head from Parodius and Cue Brick. I haven't confirmed what triggers this particular trick, but I think it could have something to do with the timer. -Maybe winning at 2:22, 1:11, or something like that.-

*Alternate credits roll*
Beat the game in New or Powerful World mode. When the credits roll, the names will remain the same but the titles will be different. "Making of this game" is replaced by "Staff of Conjax Pro" Also, keep an eye out for a cameo by Pentarou the penguin from Parodius during either credits roll.

*The Mob never forgives*
When you win the game and get the park scene, look carefully in the background to spot two hit men armed with UZIs and gunning down a poor guy. The girl next to him tries to run. Is this subliminal violence??

:lol: I usually colaborate with history.dat

Regards
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Hard Puncher special modes

Post by Kale »

Bump:

As stated in this topic Powerful World breaks the game, as shown by TK2012's inp:
http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/e/3/8/xyn ... olf105.zip

This should be zeroed and mentioned in special rules.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Kale wrote:Bump:

As stated in this topic Powerful World breaks the game, as shown by TK2012's inp:
http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/e/3/8/xyn ... olf105.zip

This should be zeroed and mentioned in special rules.
What about the Outrun inps with that offroad trick? Should be zeroed too.

Luja wrote: More secrets:

*Alien ball in power training session*
Go to the Power Training Session and hit all 50 volleyballs. Then, an alien-like ball with veins and teeth will be thrown at your head. If you miss, it will bite your face, but if you hit it, you'll receive an additional 10% increment, for a grand total of a 30% power increment.
:lol: :lol:
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

PP. wrote:What about the Outrun inps with that offroad trick? Should be zeroed too.
Allowed by popular vote. Check the special rules on the parent set for more info.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

What about the Bubble Bobble series, most of inps have those two tricks(fast bubbles and shoe) but no any vote took place.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

TK please :roll: stop it
This topic was created in 2003, it is not against YOU. We're being objective here, you instead are avoiding the topic by picking other games to justify yourself somehow (which doesn't work).
You can't deny an all clear on Powerful mode is not even close to be good as an all clear in Regular mode. One punch and stage is clear, it's bullsh*t, even if that works as intended by the programmers of the game.
The Secret mode instead maintains a certain level of difficulty.
If it's not to be banned, Powerful world would at least deserve to be split into a different ranking.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

If you want to talk to TK use his YouTube channel.
I noticed this thread because Kale posted in it yesterday.
I just try to understand when a trick is allowed and when not.
In anothe thread I was told that a player must search and find himself the games tricks.

About Hard Puncher, you should know that first score was created in exactly same way as the second one by Caseh.
Caseh's score is there since 2006, but no one had noted something.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Ok, Caseh inp does the same, so there are two offenders and you've got a point.
What you fail to perceive is that is actually easier than default, you don't even need to actually learn the game to succeed.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

It's just another trick, site is full of inps with tricks.
So you discoved this "powerful mode" 11 years after Caseh uploaded his inp?
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:It's just another trick, site is full of inps with tricks.
Actually, it's not "just another trick" it completely ruins the game by making it possible for someone who's never learnt the game to get a more massive score than someone who took time to learn the game and gain the skills necessary to beat it on default settings. A completion on default settings would be a much more worthy recording than someone using a code to make the game very easy to complete, and with double the end-of-game bonus of the standard settings it would never be possible for this superior recording to be ahead of this rubbish setting version.
PP. wrote:So you discoved this "powerful mode" 11 years after Caseh uploaded his inp?
If you'd taken the time to check, he actually started this thread 3 years before Caseh uploaded that rubbish inp!

Cheers,
BeeJay.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BeeJay wrote:it completely ruins the game by making it possible for someone who's never learnt the game to get a more massive score than someone who took time to learn the game and gain the skills necessary to beat it on default settings. A completion on default settings would be a much more worthy recording than someone using a code to make the game very easy to complete, and with double the end-of-game bonus of the standard settings it would never be possible for this superior recording to be ahead of this rubbish setting version.
Exactly. Who could disagree with you?
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

PP. wrote:If you want to talk to TK use his YouTube channel.
Ohhh ok :roll: I will pretend you are juuust a very close friend who steps up in his defense everytime one of his uploads seems "in danger" and so close also to know I will never find him anywhere else BUT his YT channel, and last but not least, uploads sistematically ugly scores on a daily basis to get tons of quick 1st place J U S T L I K E H I M. That sounds right.

<pretending mode ON>
You have to understand anyway that this community is run by humans, not robots, and while various things and irregularities may be reported, there must be still enough interest (from those who hold the power to do it) to run a poll for setting a special rule, or to set it straight. Seems like in 14 years there has been not enough interest, but this doesn't change the fact that one who gets informed, tries the game, and playbacks replays, will immediately label those 2 scores as rubbish. There isn't really much debate about this.
But if you already agree with this, fine then, I suppose.
PP. wrote:I just try to understand when a trick is allowed and when not.
:arrow: Ah because you like to use tricks? *cough*
Anyway, use common sense and try to figure it out on your own. Watch uploaded replays that you can still playback, search for topics opened in the forum, ask yourself questions like: using this move/code/behaviour makes my score greater than others but with less work/skill?
If then, even after that, the community really disagrees with one's decisions, be sure it will be pointed out somewhere, sometime, like it happened here.
PP. wrote:In anothe thread I was told that a player must search and find himself the games tricks.
Just to add more OT stuff.
You can't really expect one must be served with all knowledge with a click, c'mon. At least put the effort to search for information by yourself, if you're lucky you find enough guides and walkthrough for most games.
<pretending mode OFF>
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

giro-X wrote: Ohhh ok :roll: I will pretend you are juuust a very close friend who steps up in his defense everytime one of his uploads seems "in danger" and so close also to know I will never find him anywhere else BUT his YT channel, and last but not least, uploads sistematically ugly scores on a daily basis to get tons of quick 1st place J U S T L I K E H I M. That sounds right.
Ok,I understand you call me so because Pat said that.
Where do you see the defense?
"In danger"? The regulations sound like danger to you?
Ugly you mean easy? If they are easy scores why you can't beat them?

giro-X wrote: :arrow: Ah because you like to use tricks? *cough*
No, I don't like tricks, I prefer the clean game. Its not right for examble some people play Outrun with that off road cheat.
giro-X wrote: Just to add more OT stuff.
You can't really expect one must be served with all knowledge with a click, c'mon. At least put the effort to search for information by yourself, if you're lucky you find enough guides and walkthrough for most games.
The point is to separate info from tricks.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

This is going nowhere.
And I'm super rusty too.
Attachments
kale_hpuncher_21929700_pw.zip
Wolf 0.181
(249.89 KiB) Downloaded 486 times