GTMR race order?

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

cosumel
Button Masher
Button Masher

GTMR race order?

Post by cosumel »

Is there any rule extant that states that the races must be played in order? I searched the archives and found nothing. :?:
Ray
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." - Naguib Mahfouz
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

To get among the top 5-6 high scores you will have to complete all 12 races.

However, you do bring up a good point. If you start the game on one of the harder courses as a first race perhaps it's easier cuz you just started versus if you race in order.

I remember a couple times where I tried that with race 10 and 11 and it did seem easier with me easily completing both of them when I started there for a new game versus when you start at race 1 and do them all in order. ...although the first time I got up there starting at race 1 and racing all in order even on continues I didn't find the race got any easier on the continue...which would indicate the race is the same regardless if really your first race that credit or 11th race.

If there is no difference in the difficulty of each race versus order then it definitely wouldn't be an issue. I think some testing of that would be needed though.

Best to be safe and race them in order. I see your motivate for wanting to race them out of order. You can keep racing 10 and 11 first which are the 2 hardest races then if you get past both of those race the rest....instead of wasting time racing all those earlier easy races then losing on 10 or 11.

Just practice more...hehe I got where I could complete races 10 and 11 about 75% of the time.
cosumel
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by cosumel »

LN2 wrote:To get among the top 5-6 high scores you will have to complete all 12 races.

However, you do bring up a good point. If you start the game on one of the harder courses as a first race perhaps it's easier cuz you just started versus if you race in order.

If there is no difference in the difficulty of each race versus order then it definitely wouldn't be an issue. I think some testing of that would be needed though.
Actually the reason that I asked is that after 7 races on gtmre, the controls get loose. Apparently the game was a quarter sucker with a built-in penalty for playing well. "Finish 7 races, and we'll get more quarters from you by making you continue. HAH-HAH"

Since my post, I did make it through race 8. Race 9 was not even funny. Watch it for a laugh and a bad head shake.[/quote]
Ray
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." - Naguib Mahfouz
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

yeah race 9 has a tough start to it through that first s curve.

just stay in the right lane through that then switch after to do pass...after that rest of that race isn't bad.