Should Basketball & American Football be a Full game sco

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Should the American Football and Basketball games all be full games like Baseball?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:06 am

Yeah, Should make for some interesting new scores!
88%
Hell No! It's fine the way it is!
13%

Total votes: 8

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Should Basketball & American Football be a Full game sco

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

Alright kids, it's polling time! This time about something I am curious about... if Baseball is now a full game.. would you guys have a problem if the American Football and Basketball games were as well? She's running a 5 day tour of duty, so get votin' ;)

Kelly
Last edited by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin on Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Uh... perhaps you ought to read that topic again? :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

and i guess you better appease all the "foreigners" and say American football :) Since i think the "soccer" recordings are already full multi games.

hehe, baseketball.
-skito
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Chad wrote:and i guess you better appease all the "foreigners" and say American football :) Since i think the "soccer" recordings are already full multi games.

hehe, baseketball.

My bad ^^;; I was REALLY exhausted when I made the poll.. Errors fixed. Thanks guys :)

Kelly
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

hehe, baseketball.
BASEketball rules.
Hunter Killer-DF
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Hunter Killer-DF »

Wow, full recordings.

This means:

60 minutes for american football.
90 minutes for soccer.
48 minutes for basketball.

Too good the timeouts aren't included in games... :lol:
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

It's official

Well, unlike the very bogus KOF99/2000 poll going on, it looks like this ends in a very happy ending ^^ 87% of the people have chosen to declare a full game being the correct way of going ^^ So would someone care to do the honours ;) My apologies to those who're going to have to 0 the scores... but hopefully there will be a resurgence of play ^^

Kelly
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

the first step is to find all of the games, if you want to find them all and post marp links here, that could be helpfull. But i don't think we'd zero any scores, since all current scores are just "partial" games and thus new scores would just dominate the old ones because they'd have more time to do more damage. THere were a couple of recordings that already were full games too (i think), they were adjusted for one credit scores, so those definielty would be kept.

[quote="Mr. Kelly R. Flewin"]Well, unlike the very bogus KOF99/2000 poll going on,
/quote]

I guess that means i know someone who voted to keep it the way things are :)
-skito
Hunter Killer-DF
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

I think those kind of games should have full game (fg-game) modes.

Example, nbahangt, fg-nbahangt.

It'd be interesting to know if a player is eager to quick starts or if he can keep it all to the end. :)
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Chad wrote:the first step is to find all of the games, if you want to find them all and post marp links here, that could be helpfull. But i don't think we'd zero any scores, since all current scores are just "partial" games and thus new scores would just dominate the old ones because they'd have more time to do more damage. THere were a couple of recordings that already were full games too (i think), they were adjusted for one credit scores, so those definielty would be kept.

A'ight Captain! I'm onna ma way to do so for ya

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:Well, unlike the very bogus KOF99/2000 poll going on, /quote]
I guess that means i know someone who voted to keep it the way things are :)
You're damn %Y%$#$ right I voted to keep it the way it should... that's the spirit of the game.. it rewards SKILL [and some luck]... believe me.. I am improving my skill and seeing my points rise... not like.. oh say those Gamest scores for KOF99 [wtf was one of them? 3200+?? [unless they did infinite combos]

Anyways ^^ I'm straight forward on it... but off to work
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

ummmmmmm. wait a minute here.

if we're going to implement full games on basketball and football games, shouldn't the scoring systems be changed? they should be similar to baseball games or something (if you win 100 + score difference). Look at Kelly's recent NBA Hangtime upload, where he got an inflated score by going to triple overtime. Pretty much nobody can touch that unless they get into overtime too... is that really how we want to play these games?
You're damn %Y%$#$ right I voted to keep it the way it should... that's the spirit of the game.. it rewards SKILL [and some luck]... believe me.. I am improving my skill and seeing my points rise... not like.. oh say those Gamest scores for KOF99 [wtf was one of them? 3200+?? [unless they did infinite combos]
and beating the bosses DOESN'T reward skill? are you just voting against it because you can't do it yourself?
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Pretty much nobody can touch that unless they get into overtime too... is that really how we want to play these games?
Hopefully not.
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

Kelly's Hangtime game can be beaten without overtime..it was only a 15-point lead in all. Of course you'd have to rack up a huge advantage against the CPU before Midway tries to screw you over in the 4th quarter by jacking up the difficulty..but a 16+ points lead in regulation play is possible.
「シューティング ラブ。」
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Skyline wrote:Kelly's Hangtime game can be beaten without overtime..it was only a 15-point lead in all. Of course you'd have to rack up a huge advantage against the CPU before Midway tries to screw you over in the 4th quarter by jacking up the difficulty..but a 16+ points lead in regulation play is possible.
The current scoring system doesn't go by point differential but total score. Your opponent's points don't matter.
Hunter Killer-DF
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Hey Kelly's score was made WITH overtime!

Only regulation scores should be valid...

Or else, I could force up ties, thus scoring as much as I wanted...