Baseball Update.

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Chad wrote:appears to work, i get 6-3 but can't be sure if leeching is still able?
Yes the score is 6-3, but I don't know it's possible to leech on this game. Strange for a baseball game :)

Francois
_Zaphod_
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by _Zaphod_ »

Question: Do all games wit mercy rule let you keep playing after you get te ten run lead to try and extend it? If a game with mercy rule instantly calls the game as soon as you get that lead, then EVERY WINNING GAME won with mercey rule will hae a score of 110!
_Zaphod_
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by _Zaphod_ »

MSTADIUM oi don't think this one fits into the rules. for starters it keeps a high score of total runs batted in, hits, home runs, verage, and er. i dunno how it actuall ranks the scores though.

A full game of this may be more thn one game fof "baseball" you pay for a number of innings, no matter how many games yo go thru in those innings.

example. yYou get 15 runs first inning. game is won, and second paid inning is played against team two. your total runs batted in is tracked still, and your final score on the scoreboard is rusn in game 1 versus runs in game two.

ALso it is broken in current mame, as third button is not ooked up, which is used for "steel" and for changing fielders.

As insurance against playing oreer, your credit ends after 3 innig or ten minutes by dipswitch default.

BUt assuming this game works as intended, the objective is to score as many runs as possible using as few credits as possible.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

_Zaphod_ wrote:Question: Do all games wit mercy rule let you keep playing after you get te ten run lead to try and extend it? If a game with mercy rule instantly calls the game as soon as you get that lead, then EVERY WINNING GAME won with mercey rule will hae a score of 110!
Mostly they do not let you continue the game; the game is stoped and you can't do anything else. I don't think this was discussed but we could add a bonus for finishing the game by acheiving the least amount of outs (27-outs) . For the most part, the rules should allow a full game if it is possible in the game with multiple credits or extending it by sneaking by the mercy rule. Frankie is a bit more knowlegable about the rest of the baseball decisions of certain games, so hopefully he will chime in.
-skito
_Zaphod_
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by _Zaphod_ »

The question is do they end th game the instant the tenth run lead is scored, or do they let you gain extra runs until the third out of the inning.

If it calls the game when you get the lead instantly, then the fairest score would be 100 minus opposing runs for win by mercy, and run difference only for normal win. (you are supposed to win by mercy ASAP in those games)
But if it lets you kep on scorin to finish out the ining, then the current system works well.

I find mstadium to be rather screwy. there is a third buton ,entioned in the input test called "steel" that is not hooked up. Parent game Bottom of the 9th does only use two buttons, and seems a bit more polished difficulty wise. i can hit the ball MUCH easier in bottom of the 9th.