[K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by BBH » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Goldtimes wrote:Why there isn't the live scoreboard link?
my bad, I forgot to edit that in!

http://replay.marpirc.net/index.cgi?mod ... xlines=199

User avatar
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 am

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by wolfman24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:06 am

congrats to rax i don't see myself getting a better score than you, wish you luck in the future rounds

User avatar
RAX
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Bologna, Italy

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by RAX » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:55 am

Thanks wolfman, see you in next tournaments

chrisbo
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by chrisbo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:31 am

franco.benedetti wrote: hi chrisbo, it is me, essekappa
indeed i like this game and though i haven't been playing it for quite some time i'm not that rusty :D
i haven't had that much time to play the first three games, maybe i can spare some more hours for this round
good luck :wink:
hey mate.. good luck to you too.. :)

what sort of score do you think you'll be submitting for this round?

i'm hoping to put in some hours on friday to crack the million but i don't know whether i'll get to your current score on MARP..

User avatar
franco.benedetti
Button Masher
Button Masher
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by franco.benedetti » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:08 pm

chrisbo wrote: hey mate.. good luck to you too.. :)
what sort of score do you think you'll be submitting for this round?
i'm hoping to put in some hours on friday to crack the million but i don't know whether i'll get to your current score on MARP..
i hope to submit enough to beat you :wink:
i'm still training to get the maximum, i won't be recording til friday anyway

User avatar
Goldtimes
Button Masher
Button Masher
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by Goldtimes » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:33 pm

BBH wrote:
my bad, I forgot to edit that in!

http://replay.marpirc.net/index.cgi?mod ... xlines=199
Good work ;)

User avatar
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Italy

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by giro-X » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:55 pm

sawys wrote:First game sended and it works :-)
I didn't forget about you, I'm still training a bit. Tonight I'll try to submit my best score, whatever it will be. Because I hate to show at last ;)

User avatar
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:11 am
Location: Italy

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by GHEMANT » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:47 am

About WR, the top score know is made by Kang Seung Koo (before of the his marp's replay) with 7.066.000 made on a supergun system (Vega Jr or Super Nova). There are infos about other scores in the rest of the world: I see tons of videos in you tube with 7.400.000 and 7.600.000 pts but are all fakes videos, made with save & load in emulators. I also read about scores made in past for 7.500.000 / 7.800.000 from players from Mexico, Chile, Peru, but are only rumors and I'm sure these are all fake or scores played on bootleg versions different from original roms or made with not default settings.

The only real things is:

Max score possible (theory only) is 100% sure above 7.800.000.

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by BBH » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:49 am

GHEMANT wrote:About WR, the top score know is made by Kang Seung Koo (before of the his marp's replay) with 7.066.000 made on a supergun system (Vega Jr or Super Nova). There are infos about other scores in the rest of the world: I see tons of videos in you tube with 7.400.000 and 7.600.000 pts but are all fakes videos, made with save & load in emulators. I also read about scores made in past for 7.500.000 / 7.800.000 from players from Mexico, Chile, Peru, but are only rumors and I'm sure these are all fake or scores played on bootleg versions different from original roms or made with not default settings.

The only real things is:

Max score possible (theory only) is 100% sure above 7.800.000.
Thanks for the info, as usual. :)


Update on how the matchups look with ~59 hours left in play:

RedStar [1] - 1,827,320
TRB_MetroidTeam [32] - 0

Kale [16] - 0
INNUENDO [17] - 1,197,860

RAX@AIVA [8] - 2,065,070
wolfman24 [25] - 236,600

Metrackle [9] - 1,011,710
Dax [24] - 2,105,450

nii-san [4] - 1,278,520
Barra [29] - 0

chrisbo [13] - 855,670
essekappa [20] - 0

sikraiken [5] - 133,010
NotMan [28] - 1,310,960

el fumador [12] - 2,132,260
AGODZILLA@AIVA [21] - 1,157,710

TheBSM [2] - 740,530
Paulo Valmir [31] - 0

giro-x [15] - 0
Sawys [18] - 1,015,020

*Goldtimes* [7] - 1,244,590
RdP (26] - 0

Potante [10] - 1,221,350
Chrono256 [23] - 1,465,830

colman paolo [3] - 2,630,480
Yar [30] - 0

oldtimes [14] - 1,155,780
Phil Lamat [19] - 930,560

MarcoMarocco@AIVA [6] - 0
BDFil [27] - 1,343,330

saulonpb [11] - 206,160
Tekkaman@AIVA [22] - 1,014,110

User avatar
Yar
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:59 am

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by Yar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Well I have played some, but certainly won't be able to get 2.6m. So good luck to Colman Paolo in the rest of the competition! :D

I'm still very happy to have gotten past the 3-game qualifying rounds :D

User avatar
oldtimes
Button Masher
Button Masher
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:41 pm

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by oldtimes » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:28 pm

It occurred a bug in stage 26 while i was playing input with wolf106: the pumpkin that appears when time is running out didn't disappear and force me to die.... so be careful

But because i normally died the inp should be regular, isn't it?

(useless to say that i'm just a BIT angry)

User avatar
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:13 am
Location: France

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by sawys » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:02 pm

giro-X wrote:
sawys wrote:First game sended and it works :-)
I didn't forget about you, I'm still training a bit. Tonight I'll try to submit my best score, whatever it will be. Because I hate to show at last ;)
And i was waiting for you to play again and i didn't play since sunday ^^
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D

User avatar
Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:57 am
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by Barra » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 pm

Still my playcount sits at zero....hopefully have time later today.
Andrew Barrow

User avatar
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Italy

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by giro-X » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:31 pm

sawys wrote:
giro-X wrote:
sawys wrote:First game sended and it works :-)
I didn't forget about you, I'm still training a bit. Tonight I'll try to submit my best score, whatever it will be. Because I hate to show at last ;)
And i was waiting for you to play again and i didn't play since sunday ^^
Don't wait for me, play play, I'm doing awful things I'm so ashamed to share :( now I go to another session of tries.

EDIT: Finally I've come up with something. I wish I had more free time! Those mistakes I did are very stupid.

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: [K10] Round 4 - Snow Bros [snowbros]

Post by BBH » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 am

oldtimes wrote:It occurred a bug in stage 26 while i was playing input with wolf106: the pumpkin that appears when time is running out didn't disappear and force me to die.... so be careful

But because i normally died the inp should be regular, isn't it?

(useless to say that i'm just a BIT angry)
Very unfortunate bug. :(

But yes, of course that score will be accepted.

Post Reply