[K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby empardopo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Please, I need help with the roms for this game!

Thanks in advance!
User avatar
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:40 pm
Location: Málaga

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby nii-san » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:28 pm

TRB_metroidteam congratulations on the tournament =D>
One question: Who is my rival in 3rd round?
nii-san
Button Masher
Button Masher
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:37 am

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby Frankie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:20 pm

nii-san wrote:TRB_metroidteam congratulations on the tournament =D>
One question: Who is my rival in 3rd round?


That would be 'shadowbringer'.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby RichyS » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Not sure if it is a ROM issue, but whatever front-end I try my ship moves itself to the extreme right edge of the screen and won't move left. Running Win Vista if anyone has any clues / pointers.

<edit> OK, I think that it may be a ROM issue - same issues when running directly from command prompt - will search for new ROMs

Cheers

RichyS
RichyS
Button Masher
Button Masher
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby unclechicken » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:00 am

RichyS wrote:Not sure if it is a ROM issue, but whatever front-end I try my ship moves itself to the extreme right edge of the screen and won't move left. Running Win Vista if anyone has any clues / pointers.

<edit> OK, I think that it may be a ROM issue - same issues when running directly from command prompt - will search for new ROMs

Cheers

RichyS


Have you got a joypad with analog sticks on it? (Like on the PS2 and 3?) If so this made my MAME games go funny because of a bad calibration. If not, check your PM's.
User avatar
unclechicken
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:18 am

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby wolfman24 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:05 am

not sure what is going on but my wolfmame1.4 is saying that the rom files are missing their rom image or chd image not sure how to setup it up.
thanks for any help
User avatar
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:40 am

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby The_Pro » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:14 am

The score I posted is the total after beating the 4th loop boss. I died at the same time which sent me back to the third loop. Does that mean I can score more points without breaking the 4th loop rule? In any case, I opted not to add the points I got after that, it's just a few thousand anyhow. Plus I doubt people will see this as a needed strategy for this tournament.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:10 pm

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 am

The_Pro wrote:The score I posted is the total after beating the 4th loop boss. I died at the same time which sent me back to the third loop. Does that mean I can score more points without breaking the 4th loop rule? In any case, I opted not to add the points I got after that, it's just a few thousand anyhow. Plus I doubt people will see this as a needed strategy for this tournament.

Despite there are 12 (or 16?) enemies between the last boss, and the exact starting point, the K9 score will be the score you have just after you defeat (by first time) the last boss in the 4th loop. And if you die just after beating him in the 4th loop, your score will finish at that moment. In other words, you are not allowed to defeat 4th loop last boss (earning the points) and respawn and try killing it again.

Tip: There are many ways to increase points during the game! Good luck!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby mahlemiut » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:34 am

wolfman24 wrote:not sure what is going on but my wolfmame1.4 is saying that the rom files are missing their rom image or chd image not sure how to setup it up.
thanks for any help

First thing to check, is that Alcon is the parent set, you'll need alcon.zip also.
Second thing to check, is that you have the MCU dump that was added in 0.139. Can't help you with this, other than to say, Google is your friend.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:51 am

Now that's official!
OFFICIAL BRACKETS HERE
An important change: Now we have another bracket (Continue Bracket) after the Losers Bracket. Players that lose (in Losers Bracket) until the Round 6 will go down to this "last chance" bracket, and can continue in the competition. See the link for details!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby Phil Lamat » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:26 pm

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
The_Pro wrote:The score I posted is the total after beating the 4th loop boss. I died at the same time which sent me back to the third loop. Does that mean I can score more points without breaking the 4th loop rule? In any case, I opted not to add the points I got after that, it's just a few thousand anyhow. Plus I doubt people will see this as a needed strategy for this tournament.

Despite there are 12 (or 16?) enemies between the last boss, and the exact starting point, the K9 score will be the score you have just after you defeat (by first time) the last boss in the 4th loop. And if you die just after beating him in the 4th loop, your score will finish at that moment. In other words, you are not allowed to defeat 4th loop last boss (earning the points) and respawn and try killing it again.

Tip: There are many ways to increase points during the game! Good luck!


Oops ! before reading this here, I've edited The_Pro's score to final score.
I'm ok with your rule, but this is not the same than Marp rule, which can be disturbing : maybe we can vote "max=4 loops" for this set ?
and keep marathon play for other sets ?
User avatar
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator
 
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:19 am

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby The_Pro » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Phil Lamat wrote:Oops ! before reading this here, I've edited The_Pro's score to final score.


How DARE you sir! ;)
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:10 pm

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Phil Lamat wrote:maybe we can vote "max=4 loops" for this set ?
Good idea!

PS.: How can I "convert" that Brackets.xls to an image to add here as image? Only one image would be fine. Or one image to each Bracket, if necessary. Ideas?
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby bigbee99 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:48 pm

ROM still not working for me. I have .140 now. I have slapfigh.zip and alcon.zip. Are there more parent roms?

Also, how do you record with .140 lol

B
bigbee99
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Postby mahlemiut » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

bigbee99 wrote:ROM still not working for me. I have .140 now. I have slapfigh.zip and alcon.zip. Are there more parent roms?

That should be all you need. Open the zip and check all the ROMs are there.
bigbee99 wrote:Also, how do you record with .140 lol

record.bat should be supplied. Open a command prompt, change to the folder containing wolfmame (cd <folder>) and start recording by typing (record <game shortname> <inp filename>)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

PreviousNext

Return to MAME Championships

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron