[K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby Barthax » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Different score, deaths in the same places. I'm done with this one - too frustrated.
User avatar
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:13 pm

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:38 pm

mahlemiut wrote:Try removing NVRAM before recording/playing back.
Is it enough to have "nvram_directory <NULL>" on mame.ini right?
In PC#2 it was ok, but in PC#1 it was enabled!
Now PC#1 pb ok INP#1 and INP#2 :) And PC#2 I get the same result as before.

Well, for now let's allow 0.143 as a second allowed version.
However I would like to know something about the 1-2-3 notes of my previous post...


Zicher wrote:Time for your son to register for the tourney ;).
Yes dickmoreland... Zicher is right (if his parents permit, and if MARP rules permit too) :)


Barthax wrote:Different score, deaths in the same places. I'm done with this one - too frustrated.
C'mon Barthax... it looks like Kung Fu Chaos... ;)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby Barra » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Good to see some awsome scores already posted! Who will be the first to crack 500k? (If anyone?)
Andrew Barrow
User avatar
Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:57 am
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby mahlemiut » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:34 pm

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:Is it enough to have "nvram_directory <NULL>" on mame.ini right?


I'd set it to NUL (or /dev/null for Linux/BSD/OS X), to be sure. I think using <NULL> could just make it use the default, or maybe the current directory. There are some versions of MAME that don't like this though, but I think that was after 0.106, and hopefully not with current versions of MAME (will need to test that).

EDIT: Yes, under SDLMAME at least, current MAME SVN has no issue with -nvram_directory /dev/null
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby Zhorik » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:47 pm

I was verifying some replays and it looks like at least a couple of players are using the incorrect romset.

Agodzilla and RichyS both seem to have used the Magical Crystals (World, 91/12/10) (mgcrysto) romset instead of the correct Magical Crystals (World, 92/01/10) (mgcrystl) romset.

-George
User avatar
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:16 pm

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby The TJT » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 am

Zhorik wrote:I was verifying some replays and it looks like at least a couple of players are using the incorrect romset.

Agodzilla and RichyS both seem to have used the Magical Crystals (World, 91/12/10) (mgcrysto) romset instead of the correct Magical Crystals (World, 92/01/10) (mgcrystl) romset.

-George


Yeah, there are TWO world versions, I too noticed using wrong version only when trying to playback a recording.
User avatar
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:56 am
Location: 20 Grand Palace

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby bigbee99 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:46 pm

The TJT wrote:
Zhorik wrote:I was verifying some replays and it looks like at least a couple of players are using the incorrect romset.

Agodzilla and RichyS both seem to have used the Magical Crystals (World, 91/12/10) (mgcrysto) romset instead of the correct Magical Crystals (World, 92/01/10) (mgcrystl) romset.

-George


Yeah, there are TWO world versions, I too noticed using wrong version only when trying to playback a recording.

I have 2 sets as well but I do not have the Magical Crystals (World, 92/01/10) (mgcrystl). I have mgcrysto and mgcrystj. I'll have to find the other one. At least I have not submitted yet.

B
bigbee99
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby DaLar » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi,, Nice gamepick! :)

My thoughts:
--Whats up with the "end stage bonus" -- from 1K to 4K, depending on time left..(??)
Bonus stages:
--How to consi. beat Tug of War..? A and/or B?
--My hammercursor moves slighly slower than other replays I've watched..? :(
User avatar
DaLar
Button Masher
Button Masher
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby Barra » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:32 pm

DaLar wrote:Hi,, Nice gamepick! :)

My thoughts:
--Whats up with the "end stage bonus" -- from 1K to 4K, depending on time left..(??)
Bonus stages:
--How to consi. beat Tug of War..? A and/or B?
--My hammercursor moves slighly slower than other replays I've watched..? :(


1. End stage bonus depends on the colour you land on. Blue is 1000, green 2000, red 3000 and yellow 4000.
2. In tug of war I just mash the shoot button
3. Cant really help here, are you using keyboard or joystick?
Andrew Barrow
User avatar
Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:57 am
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:52 pm

I edited the link (added a "$"). Now mgcrystlo with K9 in description will no more be shown...
http://replay.marpirc.net/index.cgi?mod ... xlines=199
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby realswaggers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:00 am

As far as I can tell the bonus stages are simply a 1P vs 2P and they don't seem to provide any points in a 1P environment.
realswaggers
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:32 am

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby mahlemiut » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:56 am

realswaggers wrote:As far as I can tell the bonus stages are simply a 1P vs 2P and they don't seem to provide any points in a 1P environment.

You get a bonus life if you win or reach the target in a bonus stage.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby realswaggers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:39 am

mahlemiut wrote:
realswaggers wrote:As far as I can tell the bonus stages are simply a 1P vs 2P and they don't seem to provide any points in a 1P environment.

You get a bonus life if you win or reach the target in a bonus stage.


Ahh, thanks. Was wondering what the purpose of the bonuses stages were.
realswaggers
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:32 am

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby Chrono256 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Barra wrote:Good to see some awsome scores already posted! Who will be the first to crack 500k? (If anyone?)


Done! Also thanks to you who was the first to tell how to get 4k in the "Goal" (don't know why I didn't try that before). :D

I don't think I'll continue playing this game, but really a good pick TRB!
User avatar
Chrono256
Button Masher
Button Masher
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:42 am

Re: [K9] Round 1 - Magical Crystals (mgcrystl)

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Congratulations and thanks!

C'mon guys... let's share some tips, tactics, etc. It seems everyone is playing very seriously :)
Well, to some players that hadn't figured out yet, if you charge the shot button, you will do a powerful shot when release. It can be useful in some situations...
Another tactic is to use jumps to avoid almost everything in the game... so... jump, jump, jump :)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to MAME Championships

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron