K7 - Round 2 - Metro-cross (metrocrs)

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: K7 - Round 2 - Metro-cross (metrocrs)

Post by INNUENDO »

The Din8-D´s method is great, but very hard to do. It´s possible do many points in the early stages. I wish I could do near of his way...
Long life to good games
massimiliano
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by massimiliano »

ballas wrote:Just a quick question: Is delaying your score a tactic sometimes, especially in this stage of the competition?
as part of the actual competitors (still) I'll try to give my 2cents/answer to that: I'm completely new to things like emu or contests, but probably the game didn't catch me SO much, even if it's not so bad I admit... that's it, at least for me, I'm not the type who can force himself too much, so I hope I'll do something decent with the "last minute" pressure ;)
But I thanks Verty for posting his inps, I liked his choice to make immediately pts fast, with his "time saving" approach at 4th stage, instead trying leeching everything since first stage (I thought 74000 pts at 1st stage, like the youtube video are indeeeds a nice target, but maybe not really feased for this time-shorted competition).
It's a pleasure to play again certain games, with this kind of attitude and discussions.

I would anyway share a good moment i lived in these days, thanks to all of you :)

INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

I wish to understand, why when you kick the cans, sometimes they disappear from the screen. They go when you get 5.000 pts, but go when you walk, when you slowdown, when you jump in its middle...
Long life to good games
Tekkaman
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Tekkaman »

I'm having problems sending the file to your site, I tried 5 Pc 2 Internet Connections 2 houses, but nothing, I am forced to send the file here, Excuse me for my bad English
Attachments
tek_metrocrs_289600.zip
K7
(27.42 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
verty
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by verty »

But I thanks Verty for posting his inps, I liked his choice to make immediately pts fast, with his "time saving" approach at 4th stage, instead trying leeching everything since first stage
Thanks, massimiliano. I did that because kicking the cans wasn't reliable, I often had to run up/down very far. I still don't know how to control the cans.

Anyway, I think the next round will be very tough indeed.
massimiliano
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by massimiliano »

verty wrote: Thanks, massimiliano. I did that because kicking the cans wasn't reliable, I often had to run up/down very far. I still don't know how to control the cans.

Anyway, I think the next round will be very tough indeed.
Thanks to you, good luck for the next round!
el wil
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by el wil »

Flutotal Congratulations!. =D> .

I wish you good luck for the rest of the competition. :o .

I've been able to do much more in this competition, but this game, I always had demotivated ... #-o #-o :twisted: .

When my fun, becomes suffering, I prefer not to suffer. :roll: :wink: .

Without doubt, you deserve to be in the next round, more than me!, Because you have suffered much more than me!. =D> .

I conclude by saying that I have passed it to me very well, participating in this competition .... except in the last week haha!. :( .

Metro cross fuck!, Hahaha! .. (Sorry). :wink: :wink: .

Thank you all for making this great competition. =D> =D> 8) .

See you at the next competition!.

A greeting! :P 8) .
flutotal
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by flutotal »

el wil wrote:Flutotal Congratulations!. =D> .

I wish you good luck for the rest of the competition. :o .

I've been able to do much more in this competition, but this game, I always had demotivated ... #-o #-o :twisted: .

When my fun, becomes suffering, I prefer not to suffer. :roll: :wink: .

Without doubt, you deserve to be in the next round, more than me!, Because you have suffered much more than me!. =D> .

I conclude by saying that I have passed it to me very well, participating in this competition .... except in the last week haha!. :( .

Metro cross fuck!, Hahaha! .. (Sorry). :wink: :wink: .

Thank you all for making this great competition. =D> =D> 8) .

See you at the next competition!.

A greeting! :P 8) .

Sorry for my english:

My God you suffered? I Suffered like a pig!!!! #-o :lol:
This f***ing game gave to me three "bubbles(callus?)" in my fingers, game from hell.

If you had done a bigger score, I would not continue... I was "cheering" (rooting?) you don't send the score :lol: That's was my last effort.

I hate suffer...But I hate lose much more :D

I was lucky, many players have a bigger score.

Thank you, El Wil, You was a great opponent. =D>

I hope survive in the next. And I hope a good game next time :evil:
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Was a hell to me too. Take a look at the image. Stressing game!!! :D
Attachments
1120 tries
1120 tries
tentativas.JPG (86.54 KiB) Viewed 10375 times
Long life to good games
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Congratulation, Phil !!!

I couldn't play in the last hours because we planned with my wife to have a dinner without children (and i can't remember when was the last time we did ^^)

In the last day, i tried to do better but without motivation... I played at VP and FP instead ^^

And finally, i prefer that you win because i won't be at home for more one week and it won't have been good for me to play in the next round ;-)

GOOD LUCK for the next round or maybe i should say other word in french ;-)
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

sawys wrote:Congratulation, Phil !!!
Merci Sébastien !
J'avais pris du retard depuis mercredi soir quand t'as chargé un bon score (alors que j'étais 100% plongé dans la Champions Ligue avec le match de Bordeaux contre Cluj).
Jeudi et vendredi ne furent pas mieux (boulot à bloc toute la journée, et trop fatigué le soir).
Par contre c'est vrai que ce week-end j'ai eu plus de temps, et ayant découvert entretemps que t'avais déjà un 283k sur Mamescore, je me suis concentré un max à claquer la barre des 300k tout en étant même pas sûr que ça suffirait ...
Finalement si, mais merci et bravo pour l'opposition plus que valeureuse ! (voir mon commentaire sur Mamescore).
J'espère être à la hauteur au tour suivant, d'autant que je crois être le dernier français en lice avec Redstar.
J'ai 10 jours de vacances, ça poura peut-être aider :wink:
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

massimiliano wrote:
ballas wrote:Just a quick question: Is delaying your score a tactic sometimes, especially in this stage of the competition?
as part of the actual competitors (still) I'll try to give my 2cents/answer to that: I'm completely new to things like emu or contests, but probably the game didn't catch me SO much, even if it's not so bad I admit... that's it, at least for me, I'm not the type who can force himself too much, so I hope I'll do something decent with the "last minute" pressure ;)
But I thanks Verty for posting his inps, I liked his choice to make immediately pts fast, with his "time saving" approach at 4th stage, instead trying leeching everything since first stage (I thought 74000 pts at 1st stage, like the youtube video are indeeeds a nice target, but maybe not really feased for this time-shorted competition).
It's a pleasure to play again certain games, with this kind of attitude and discussions.

I would anyway share a good moment i lived in these days, thanks to all of you :)

Now I have time to comment!

Massimilano, do you have the original arcade machine, or it´s an emulator an arcade cabinet??? Very nice machine! The buttons must be soft to press. :) Congratulations!!
Long life to good games
massimiliano
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by massimiliano »

INNUENDO wrote:
massimiliano wrote:
Now I have time to comment!

Massimilano, do you have the original arcade machine, or it´s an emulator an arcade cabinet??? Very nice machine! The buttons must be soft to press. :) Congratulations!!
Hehehe!

Thanks, nice to see someone appreciated!

It's a jamma regular cabinet (SEGA Astrocity type, really common in japanese arcade, but not made specially for MetroCross) playing the original jamma metro cross board, manufactured by namco in '85 , so no, no emu at all.
I'm an arcade collector, focused mostly on neogeo btw.

I must admint that I asked a friend of mine to borrow me that board (quite expensive I heard) just for the contest, and (not to rise excuses) I was surprised by the difference in input response.
If you liked the game emulated I'm sure you should give a try to the jamma board, I'm using seimitsu control panel, and yes even in viewpoint you can reach auto-fire level performance ;)
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Phil Lamat wrote:
sawys wrote:Congratulation, Phil !!!
Merci Sébastien !
J'avais pris du retard depuis mercredi soir quand t'as chargé un bon score (alors que j'étais 100% plongé dans la Champions Ligue avec le match de Bordeaux contre Cluj).
Jeudi et vendredi ne furent pas mieux (boulot à bloc toute la journée, et trop fatigué le soir).
Par contre c'est vrai que ce week-end j'ai eu plus de temps, et ayant découvert entretemps que t'avais déjà un 283k sur Mamescore, je me suis concentré un max à claquer la barre des 300k tout en étant même pas sûr que ça suffirait ...
Finalement si, mais merci et bravo pour l'opposition plus que valeureuse ! (voir mon commentaire sur Mamescore).
J'espère être à la hauteur au tour suivant, d'autant que je crois être le dernier français en lice avec Redstar.
J'ai 10 jours de vacances, ça poura peut-être aider :wink:
J'ai aussi eu un désagrément vu que je viens d'acquérir un nouvel ordi et que malheureusement, sur vista, l'adaptateur superbox3 n'est pas reconnu (malgré les conseils de madrics fournis sur certains forum qui n'ont pas réussi à corriger le problème chezr moi). Du coup, je n'ai pas pu utiliser mon pad ps2 et me rabattre sur le pad gamecube... Et je dois avouer que j'ai la plupart du temps piqué une crise lorsque mon doigt avait dérapé et que ma trajectoire m'avait fait rater la canette ou la mine dont j'avais besoin pour progresser... Et le score à 260.000 a été fait alors que les petits venaient de se réveiller...
Pour ce jeu, il faut faire des séances continues de minimum 1 heure afin de mémoriser parfaitement tous les positionnements ou alors sacrifier sa partie dans certains stages et améliorer "ponctuellement" ses points. Chose qui m'a manqué pour ce round car je ne voulais pas céder à la facilité et engranger des points uniquement sur les premiers niveaux.

Bref, vivement que je puisse retrouver l'utilisation de mon pad ps2 ou mieux encore, que je puisse récupérer une bonne manette d'arcade pour tenter de battre certains records sur mamescore ;-)
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

JoshF, Did you not check my score before upload your?