K7 - Round 1 - Part 2 - View Point (viewpoin)

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: K7 - Round 1 - Part 2 - View Point (viewpoin)

Post by INNUENDO »

Great game. I didn´t know it!

My time was so few and I hope have more free time enough to play the third game. And also, I hope be in top 36. :oops:
Long life to good games
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

Unfortunately, I had almost no time to play this although I doubt I would've gotten all that far (not the type of game I generally enjoy playing). I was briefly excited when the opening announcement said it was like Zaxxon, but that didn't last long. I did like the isometric view, though.

I think my only hope for K7 is if the third game in this round is something I already know how to play :roll:
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

General rankings after round #1 & 2 :
http://209.85.171.104/translate_c?hl=en ... HIuVNyHA5w

Viewpoint was a good game, but I don't like the in-game scoring very much.
Not speaking about stars, where at least things to do to get them seems almost clear (kill all fishes, jellyfishes ...) --by the way, now that round is over, is somebody planning a recap with position of all stars known ? sikraiken ? --, but speaking about nazos --rewarded as much as stars-- for which sometimes I get it and sometimes not with exactly same moves !

Plus (like too much games) it doesn't reward remaining lifes when game has been finished with a consequent bonus, which let me think after Ghemant's comment that Gamest hiscore has been achieved with some leeching, suiciding all lifes except 1 to get 200k more on each (am I right, Ghemant ?).
I had always thought this absence of final bonus spoils a game, as I much more prefer to watch a 1CC ; in this way your target D-F is a good thing.
I'm a little more dubitative about A-C (especially when I see Tekkaman and his 800k among the 300k club just because he missed target A).
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

So I'm not the biggest fan of this game, but if nothing else I'm glad it was in the tournament since it gave me the only motivation I'd ever have to learn how to play it. And I think a 1-life clear on this is a pretty good accomplishment. The other nice thing about this game being in is that it forced all of us to figure out the hidden stuff in this game, and I'm glad a lot of it has become public now.

I'm going to agree that Target C was weighted a little too heavily. Although the funny thing is, I couldn't figure out a way to consistently get that stage 3 nazo without using an F bomb (which I would activate after the word "READY" flashes a second time, credit to sikraiken for this idea). But I couldn't use this trick if I wanted to get the 3 1-ups bonus, because there are no extra F bomb pickups on stage 3! And it looks like Martin and essekappa had to do the same. Of course as it turns out, verty figured out how to get the stage 1 nazo, but I couldn't figure out a way to time it reliably and I didn't want to waste even more time restarting games over and over just trying to get that, so... yeah.

sikraiken, you gotta stop procrastinating on these games man :(
verty
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by verty »

BBH wrote:Of course as it turns out, verty figured out how to get the stage 1 nazo, but I couldn't figure out a way to time it reliably and I didn't want to waste even more time restarting games over and over just trying to get that, so... yeah.
I could get it in about 1 in 3 attempts. Timing the fire bomb was relatively easy I thought, I used the top right corner of the E in "HIGH SCORE", but the ship had to be in the right place and it was difficult to know if it was or not.

For stage 3, I used the pods reaching their final position (they start narrow and go wider).
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Just want to announce that like my url is always on top of the subject (just under MAME Championships), i updated my web page to go faster at the good page :

http://sawys.ifrance.com/K6.htm --> Leads to a page with url for K7 or K6 (and i will add the urls to the old sessions later).

http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm --> Leads to Actual General Scoreboard

http://sawys.ifrance.com/K6-2007.htm --> Leads to the old K6 index page

I hope you will be enjoyed about that :-)
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Indeed I am.
THANKYOU =D> =D>
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

excellent work Sawys! Thanks!

edit. : fzr and chrono256 are italian players
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

GHEMANT wrote:excellent work Sawys! Thanks!

edit. : fzr and chrono256 are italian players
Thank you and Updated :!:

PS : You are lucky that i was ill during the last 2 days... I had time to do this :-)
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I see a little mistake in Notman / Tekkaman points in scoreboard.

Notman have 440pts and Tekkaman have 450
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

GHEMANT wrote:I see a little mistake in Notman / Tekkaman points in scoreboard.

Notman have 440pts and Tekkaman have 450
I saw comparing to the other leaderboard that i made a typo error, Notman have 440 pts and Tekkaman should have 445 points, but when i updated the leaderboard, i forgot to sort datas.

But i see that you tell me now, Tekkaman have 450 pts ??
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

mmh Tekkaman 445, Notman 440 :D
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Thanks for your work Sawys, because with this contest I not have free time to made a leaderboard (after 2 games) :?
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

GHEMANT wrote:Thanks for your work Sawys, because with this contest I not have free time to made a leaderboard (after 2 games) :?
I'll try to do my best to update as often as possible... And especially for the last week of round 1.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

GHEMANT wrote:Thanks for your work Sawys, because with this contest I not have free time to made a leaderboard (after 2 games) :?
If you have time to create something and want to replace with your own work, don't hesitate to give me the url, i will update my k6 web page.

I updated a few minutes ago to give all links on all K Editions :-)