Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

sikraiken wrote:
sawys wrote:we can't change this thing.
You could have. This was pointed out early on, and for the tournament atleast, it would have been nice to have some reason to complete the game.
Seriously. The thing I'm taking away from this is that the coordinators don't ever want to make exceptions in the rules, no matter what. Hell, in the gng round, one of them was convinced that the round was going to last an extra day because of a typo made in the first post. What?

There is some precedence of rules being changed on a game after the round has already started. Look at the final game of K4, Battle Chopper. It was discovered that the game suffered from some serious leeching problems, and would have been extremely boring to play/watch. The coordinators worked out an altered scoring system that put precedence on finishing the game with lives in reserve, which was a much better idea. (of course, this was all for naught as the other player in the finals never submitted a score, but...)

The point is, if it's discovered that there is a problem that makes the scoring seem a little unfair, it's perfectly fine to change things as long as they're changed early on in the round. I tried to bring it to everyone's attention by posting here and waited for a response... which took 3 days. By that time it was a little too late, of course.

I don't care if it gets me labeled as a complainer again, but coordinators need to keep in contact with the players.... and each other. Sawys, I'm sorry your internet was out for a few days, that gives you a valid excuse at least.
Good luck in the next round, BBH. Sorry I didn't have time these past few days to put toward the game.
Thanks. I still would have liked to have seen what you were capable of, oh well. :(

I'm also sorry to hear that Martin didn't have much time for this round. RedStar is a great player too though, and the next round should be interesting.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

BBH wrote: I'm also sorry to hear that Martin didn't have much time for this round. RedStar is a great player too though, and the next round should be interesting.
With all respect and love BBH, I expect nothing less from Redstar than kicking your whiny butt! :twisted: :wink: :)
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

The TJT wrote:
BBH wrote: I'm also sorry to hear that Martin didn't have much time for this round. RedStar is a great player too though, and the next round should be interesting.
With all respect and love BBH, I expect nothing less from Redstar than kicking your whiny butt! :twisted: :wink: :)
In my opinion, will be the best fight on K6. Two genius players!!!

Meu oponente será meu grande amigo, Valter. Q droga ter q enfrentá-lo. Juro q nunca queria passar por isso neste champs. Nem ele, nem JLr.

Valter, let´s do a nice battle. You´re my great friend, but I´ll play with all my knowledge!! At least, one brazilian will go to the finals. LET´S PLAY, BROTHER!! :)
Long life to good games
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

INNUENDO wrote:In my opinion, will be the best fight on K6. Two genius players!!!
They sure are. I admire BBH for his ability to pick nearly any game and learn it very fast. Redstar impressed me with taking the pole position in Polepos2, leaving a Finnish driver as 2nd. :)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

The TJT wrote:With all respect and love BBH, I expect nothing less from Redstar than kicking your whiny butt! :twisted: :wink: :)
Man I'd assume the coordinators would secretly be wanting me to lose, but what did I ever do to you :(
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

BBH wrote:
The TJT wrote:With all respect and love BBH, I expect nothing less from Redstar than kicking your whiny butt! :twisted: :wink: :)
Man I'd assume the coordinators would secretly be wanting me to lose, but what did I ever do to you :(
Away with your weapon, I mean you no harm.

...Just some stirring up WWF-style...and of course I was joking/being silly, you can spot that from myself using as many smileys as a ten year old girl would.
:)