k6 - round 3 - Ghosts'n Goblins [Time Trial]

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

sikraiken wrote:Since it seems to have been overlooked, I'll requote it...
BBH wrote:
gameboy9 wrote:Hmmm... I think we've given you an extra day to play this game... I thought this round would end on the 29th...

We've made our bed though.
Um... I know there is some stigma attached to not changing the rules on anything once the tournament is started... so now that it was originally stated that this round would end on the 30th at 23:59 GMT, you don't want to change it to what it should be, the 29th at 23:59 GMT. Because changing the rules is bad.

However, unless I'm missing something, all rounds in this tournament are supposed to be exactly one week in length, yes? So changing this round to 8 days is effectively changing the rules. I'm pretty sure most people were under the impression that this round was one week and didn't pay very close attention to the date. I know I sure didn't.

What I'm trying to say is - please oh please don't make us play this mess of a game for an extra day.
We tlaked about it with pete but we're waiting marco's answer...
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

My junk Replay

Post by Nanni »

Test Replay...
Reached stage 5

Start @ ~ 1,1 Kiloframes
End @ ~27,7 Kiloframes (when appear "take the key")
Diff ~26,6 Kiloframes --> Time is ~7.23

ok?
i'm in? ohhh please say that i'm in :cry:

:p
Attachments
4-7.23.zip
damn...
(28.37 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

End of round 3 is obviously 29 th October 23:59 GMT.
I corrected the typo :wink:
BBH is really impressive, I've to study something better for him in next rounds :lol: :wink:
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

I reclocked Don Hayes's and Mahlemiut's recordings - Don Hayes has the higher ranking by 13/100 of a second.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

I´M VERY ANGRY!!

I lost the opportunity to finish with my first life. Almost I finished the game in 19 min. This was the second try. In the first one, I don´t knew that I could leech a little on fire bridge.

And congratulations, BBH! I´ve watched your inp and you played very well!! :o :D
Long life to good games
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

A little faster...
Attachments
dbh-gng-4b.zip
(29.89 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

Finished level Five
Time ~10:10

Worst gameplay ever seen... :( :(
at least two lives lost on skull at begining of stage six
Attachments
5-10.10.zip
(30.06 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

stage 6 better tme (11m 0? sec.)
Attachments
gem_gng_stage6 BETTER TIME.zip
(53.23 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

Hey guys.
A little sad news from me... I am going to quit k6.
It has been an awesome tournament so far and I'm sure the next rounds will be even more exciting.
My decision is not related to the selection of games or anything :D it's just personal problems I have to deal with.
I am telling you this because I would like my score for this round to be ignored in case it qualifies for the next round, so that I give the opportunity to someone else to go on... is that possible?
Thanks coordinators for your hard work and good luck everyone! 8)

PS. Go BBH!
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

MJS wrote:Hey guys.
It has been an awesome tournament so far and I'm sure the next rounds will be even more exciting.
My decision is not related to the selection of games or anything :D it's just personal problems I have to deal with.
I am telling you this because I would like my score for this round to be ignored in case it qualifies for the next round, so that I give the opportunity to someone else to go on... is that possible?

PS. Go BBH!
Sadly, MJS. I thought we can do, together with Valter, a power from South America. You´re a great player and I´ll miss to see your great replays.

VALTER, WHERE ARE YOU?????
Long life to good games
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

PS. Go BBH!
Yes, we can consider you "retired" :cry: , but I prefer to wait a little bit so you can think more about it :wink:
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

INNUENDO wrote:And congratulations, BBH! I´ve watched your inp and you played very well!! :o :D
Thanks INNUENDO! Don't worry though, I'm not planning on beating your time, I'm done with this game.

PS. Go BBH!
Sorry to hear that :( I guess the hopes of the K5 coordinator team fall squarely on me now, ugh :)
Udirnel
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Udirnel »

I know I'm out, but when you chose gng for this round you hit right in the midst of my pride :lol:

Just one comment about this game: I've read from some of you putting this game as down as possible. Ok, that's your point of view. Mine is Ghosts'n'Goblins is absolutely great. Here at Spain was an enormous success and, with Crazy Climber, is probably the game where I spent more coins. It was like a drug, any money I could get ended making the operator a bit richer. A ruin for my savings :(

I know that it probably should have been "polished" a bit more to remove the bugs it has, specially with control, but being as buggy as it is, it's still absolutely addictive.

But as I said, that is my point of view.

Btw, it's been a fantastic and very original (fast play) choice for round 3. Pity I had to give up on round 2.

Udirnel
Attachments
udi_gng_2loops_outofcontest.zip
2 Loops completed. Anyway several lives lost in idiot ways.
(84.48 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Level 5 of the second loop. Slow but good distance.
Attachments
gng_pro_K6_level5_2ndloop.zip
(63.39 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

Yuck...
Attachments
dbh-gng-4g.zip
(29.7 KiB) Downloaded 349 times