k6 - round 3 - Ghosts'n Goblins [Time Trial]

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

gameboy9 wrote:Hmmm... I think we've given you an extra day to play this game... I thought this round would end on the 29th...

We've made our bed though.
Oops sorry, it's my own fault :oops:

I didn't count the good number of days so...
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

gameboy9 wrote:Hmmm... I think we've given you an extra day to play this game... I thought this round would end on the 29th...

You have a twisted sense of humour. :)
Nice try though...
Udirnel
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Udirnel »

sawys wrote: Sorry, you can play the game and send it here to show your skill but your score won't be included in the round 3 because we have already the 18 players.
Of course, Sawys. I didn't mean to enter the contest again, just the oportunity to post my gng scores.
Nanni wrote:WOW :D :D
Congratulations, but now you need to buy a really small joystick :wink:
Thanks a lot, Nanni. Maybe in a couple years :)

I upload an inp just to show my frustration :( (K6 Coords: Now you can inaugurate section "K6 losers demonstrations" :) )

Udirnel
Attachments
udi_gng_outofcontest.zip
Kicked out by the two red baboon bosses at level 13. Beside that, idiot ways of getting killed.
(91.67 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

This is my second replay.
Attachments
gng_2253.zip
K6 - All Clear - 22:53 - 371.000pts - 4 lives left
(58.9 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Long life to good games
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Um... I know there is some stigma attached to not changing the rules on anything once the tournament is started... so now that it was originally stated that this round would end on the 30th at 23:59 GMT, you don't want to change it to what it should be, the 29th at 23:59 GMT. Because changing the rules is bad.

However, unless I'm missing something, all rounds in this tournament are supposed to be exactly one week in length, yes? So changing this round to 8 days is effectively changing the rules. I'm pretty sure most people were under the impression that this round was one week and didn't pay very close attention to the date. I know I sure didn't.

What I'm trying to say is - please oh please don't make us play this mess of a game for an extra day.
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

What I'm trying to say is - please oh please don't make us play this mess of a game for an extra day.
AMEN!!

Better yet, please oh please NEVER make us play this *&#!@* game again....EVER!!!

Oh, and here's my second pitiful submission. Finally beat the third boss, and actually almost got the 4th one.
Zhorik wrote:I think I hate this game most of all.
If you mean you think you hate it more than anyone else, then don't even think about it. NO ONE hates this game more than me...I'm pretty sure of that!
Attachments
dbh-gng-3a.zip
(24.48 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

my first stick is destroyed (after a super punch)..... thanks gng... thanks stage 3.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Hello K6 coordinators, I have some very important questions about this game and would really appreciate a response on them:

1. Still don't know how exactly to properly time this game. If we're timing by when the boss of the last stage reached is killed, do we stop timing when that boss blows up, or when the key is picked up?

2. It's said that "Leeching is not allowed in this championship". Why would leeching make a difference? If you're wasting time killing enemies for points, you're going to get a worse time in the ranking anyway, right? How much leeching is too much leeching? I sure hope that hanging around briefly in one area to ensure you get a different weapon (i.e. the shield that you need to beat the damn game in the first place) isn't considered leeching.

3. If one clears stage 6 using a weapon other than the shield... what does that count as? The game sends you back to stage 5. Have you truly "cleared" stage 6 if it hasn't given you access to the next stage? Or are you guys going to count clearing stage 6 with any weapon other than the shield as a legitimate clear?

Anyway, another recording, no progress on this one, just reaches 1-6 slightly faster. I think I have it timed at 7:48, but I could be wrong... not like it makes any difference in the ranking anyway. Meh.

I seriously never thought it would get to the point where I wished we were still playing Tinkle Pit... and yet I'm starting to look at last week as "the good old days". Simply amazing.
Attachments
bbh_gng_1-6againwhydoievenbother_wolf106.zip
(27.22 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Heheh BBH. 1-6 bosses clearly are no cakewalk. I can't defeat them even with savestate...
:oops:
Last edited by The TJT on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deadful_melody
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by deadful_melody »

The TJT wrote:Heheh BBH. 1-6 bosses clearly are no cakewalk. I can't defeat them even with savestate...
:oops:
What MAME version are you using for savestates? When I try to load a savestate with versions 83 or 106 it just crashes on me.
~ Paul McCallon
deadful_melody
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by deadful_melody »

This is the worst game for "protagonist bullet-->enemy" collision detection in the history of man. Jesus, CAPCOM developers, did you start and finish coding that routine on a Friday afternoon, leaving early so you could get to the titty bar that much quicker?!

Anyways, round 4 finished:
Attachments
pdm-gng-Level 4 complete.zip
(29.29 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Last edited by deadful_melody on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Paul McCallon
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

What MAME version are you using for savestates? When I try to load a savestate with versions 83 or 106 it just crashes on me.
Wolf 98 save state worked for me for this game.
deadful_melody
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by deadful_melody »

dbh wrote:Wolf 98 save state worked for me for this game.
Thanks! Will give it a try.
~ Paul McCallon
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

BBH wrote: 1. Still don't know how exactly to properly time this game. If we're timing by when the boss of the last stage reached is killed, do we stop timing when that boss blows up, or when the key is picked up?

2. It's said that "Leeching is not allowed in this championship". Why would leeching make a difference? If you're wasting time killing enemies for points, you're going to get a worse time in the ranking anyway, right? How much leeching is too much leeching? I sure hope that hanging around briefly in one area to ensure you get a different weapon (i.e. the shield that you need to beat the damn game in the first place) isn't considered leeching.

3. If one clears stage 6 using a weapon other than the shield... what does that count as? The game sends you back to stage 5. Have you truly "cleared" stage 6 if it hasn't given you access to the next stage? Or are you guys going to count clearing stage 6 with any weapon other than the shield as a legitimate clear?
1. I'm stopping the clock when the boss blows up.
2. Getting a weapon isn't a problem. It's the big zombie leaching zone in stage 3 just before the beginning of area 2 that I'm worried about.
3. We'll count that as six stages.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

gameboy9 wrote: 2. Getting a weapon isn't a problem. It's the big zombie leaching zone in stage 3 just before the beginning of area 2 that I'm worried about.
why are you worried about it when timing the stage will make it pointless to even leech one zombie?
-skito