K6 - Round 2 - Tinkle Pit

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

NotMan wrote:I'm really considering withdrawing K6 tourney, due that Marco's post was very insulting to the former K5 tourney coordinators.
Chill, dude. If we take shots at the games used in K6, they can take shots at the games we picked for K5... it's only fair. I don't really feel insulted at all, it's all in good fun.
Marco Marocco wrote:That's the right fate for who picked up Maniac Square (protoshit) :twisted:
I won't defend Maniac Square as a good tournament game or anything, but at least it didn't have serious control issues / random resets...
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by xanadu71 »

Chad wrote:what is this with hating games in every tournament? It's usually what a part of what a game is, most are funky, they all have quirks, some worse than others...

withdrawing from the tournament? i'd be happy to still be playing even leprechaun, if i had qualified.
Agree with you, Chad. It's a friendly competition... with some money at the end, but it's not the most important.

Everybody can't love every games. Phelios was a pain for me but i wasn"t complain. BBH, you make laugh because every game, you said something about the retard of the game, but each time, you beat it !
Everybody hasn't your skills but let's enjoy the competition, please !
It's not a criticize about you, BBH, it's a general feeling.

I want respect for all coordinators because it's a hard and NOT PAID work.

For Ghemant, i use the 101 version and no more reset or gameplay issue :D
"Bury me with my money", Simon GREEDWELL from "SUNSET RIDERS" / Xanadu71=LeClaqueurFou
http://www.twitch.tv/xanadugcp WR attempts, follow me !
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Couple things:

1. So can all now play using wolfie 101?

2. IT'S A HAPPY GAME SO STFU!!!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Attachments
peace, love, happiness
peace, love, happiness
tinklpit.png (14.65 KiB) Viewed 10803 times
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

BBH wrote:
NotMan wrote:I'm really considering withdrawing K6 tourney, due that Marco's post was very insulting to the former K5 tourney coordinators.
Chill, dude. If we take shots at the games used in K6, they can take shots at the games we picked for K5... it's only fair. I don't really feel insulted at all, it's all in good fun.
Marco Marocco wrote:That's the right fate for who picked up Maniac Square (protoshit) :twisted:
I won't defend Maniac Square as a good tournament game or anything, but at least it didn't have serious control issues / random resets...
Sorry for the wrong use of emoticon but I didn't want to insult any one.
I thought every one was clever enough to understand my joke.
NotMan, I'm sorry about my post :lol:
oops, another error about emoticon :roll:
Seriously, I joined MARP about 2 years and half ago and I think my fair play is out of discussion.
If you don't think so NotMan, please explain me the matter.
BBH has my total respect and the same is for NotMan and Mjsty, who managed for a very nice KnockOut.
Like I said, I tried to play several times with wolf 106 at Tinkle Pit and I never had problems.
It was the K6 coordinators (including myself) team who picked that game as a TEAM not individual (I quoted NotMan :wink: )
So Not, I hope you enjoy Tinkle Pit and you'll go on fighting against BBH.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

TRB wrote:TRBGoToTheHellPacMan(st19)!!! and my control don't move during PacMan on Wolf101!
Oops, I forgot to mention that. I saw the same problem with Wolf101 as well. You can't move PacMan if you get the PacMan powerup. Still, I'd rather have the controls work and just avoid the PacMan powerup than use wolf106 and have flakey controls.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Apology accepted, Marco. Sometime people say something on forum with wrong emoticon whenever it is a joke or not.

TRB is right on Wolf101. The pacman mode doesn't work, due the controls freezes. Wolf116 and Wolf106 have problems with bad controls isn't working properly. Neither of three versions work correctly except Mame75. Beside the game is broken. :?

So anyway, time to move on.

NotMan
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

There's one trick that you can do in 101 that doesn't work in 106, and that should probably be disallowed. In 101 if you press the 1P start button while a powerup is on the screen, it will give you 20,000 pts and the powerup will disappear. This doesn't work in 106.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

xanadu71 wrote:Everybody can't love every games. Phelios was a pain for me but i wasn"t complain. BBH, you make laugh because every game, you said something about the retard of the game, but each time, you beat it !
Everybody hasn't your skills but let's enjoy the competition, please !
It's not a criticize about you, BBH, it's a general feeling.
What can I say, I'm trying to make things entertaining around here....

.......since the games aren't! OHHHHHHHH! Just kidding, I couldn't resist saying that ;D

In all seriousness, I do of course have respect for the K6 coordinators, it's not a walk in the park running one of these tournaments. People will always complain, unexpected issues will come up with the games...
Zhorik wrote:There's one trick that you can do in 101 that doesn't work in 106, and that should probably be disallowed. In 101 if you press the 1P start button while a powerup is on the screen, it will give you 20,000 pts and the powerup will disappear. This doesn't work in 106.
I'm pretty sure this is a legitimate trick that was programmed into the game, it's just broken in 106 because the game is so broken in general there. I wouldn't recommend the coordinators disallow it, because at this point there is seriously no reason to record with 106 on this game, unless you want slightly better music. (or unless you REALLY like Pacman mode)
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by xanadu71 »

Zhorik wrote:There's one trick that you can do in 101 that doesn't work in 106, and that should probably be disallowed. In 101 if you press the 1P start button while a powerup is on the screen, it will give you 20,000 pts and the powerup will disappear. This doesn't work in 106.
With 101, i have also a problem. When i eat the "pac-gum", i become "pac-man" but i can't move, no control. Weird !

But i always think that's a great game with many things to do.
"Bury me with my money", Simon GREEDWELL from "SUNSET RIDERS" / Xanadu71=LeClaqueurFou
http://www.twitch.tv/xanadugcp WR attempts, follow me !
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

BBH wrote:I'm pretty sure this is a legitimate trick that was programmed into the game, it's just broken in 106 because the game is so broken in general there. I wouldn't recommend the coordinators disallow it, because at this point there is seriously no reason to record with 106 on this game, unless you want slightly better music. (or unless you REALLY like Pacman mode)
Totally agree...
but i think we need some word from coordinators asap 8)
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

Well if we said that trick was banned, I'd probably hear a dissertation from TJT about changing the rules ;) (of course, he still could give me a dissertation because we allowed 101, but hopefully we'll get a free pass on that :)), so no, I say allow it, and probably a good strategy if Mr. Pac-Man shows up...
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
JYD
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by JYD »

Excuse me TJT but I had no time to play or post before today, as the last week moreover

JYD
Last edited by JYD on Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

No problem JYD :)
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

The TJT wrote:No problem JYD :)
lol
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Does wolf101 prevent reset or pod autorelease?
anyway wolf101 gives me memory problem reloading savestates, I think I will continue with wolf106