K6 - Round 1 - Part 3 - Phelios

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

The_Pro wrote:Is there a limit to how long you can leech witch heads and firebirds? It's entirely possible to kill them without hitting the boss. If there's no time limit maybe that's where the points came from.
Unfortunately, the bosses do time out (except for CH7).
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Ugh, I'm not going to bother leeching to the time limit, although maybe that would make the fireboss easier. No idea where the other points could be from. The records for easy and hard are listed as having autofire on, which seems useless for this game. Is there something with autofire that would yield more points?
Last edited by The_Pro on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

The_Pro wrote:Ugh, I'm not going to bother leeching to the time limit. No idea where the other points could be from. The records for easy and hard are listed as having autofire on, which seems useless for this game. Is there something with autofire that would yield more points?
Nothing I noticed. It might be possible to get another ~6,000 points from leeching the witches heads, but I wasn't able to do it legitimately. I'm curious where that additional 10,000pts on level 1 came from in that screenshot.
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Fireboss gets really angry after a while so leeching there isn't a great idea. As for the screenshot, I have no clue. Stage one seems pretty closed off. Hidden bonuses aren't out of the question, but I doubt it.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

It's really weird how it's exactly 10,000 points above the highest I've seen (the variation in the tens digit I'm assuming is just from the dragon fireballs)
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Maybe GHEMANT has some info since he's the go to guy for GAMEST records.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

On Arcade-Extreme, he said something something like he couldn't find 55,000 points of the japanese record. "io ho smesso oggi di fare le mie ricerche, come al solito lo score jappo è inspiegabile... praticamente non so dove titrano fuori 55.000 punti extra"

BBH just pointed out those 10,000 extra points on CH1 are from playing hard mode (you get 20,000 points for destroying the boss instead of 10,000).
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

This is a great game. I´ve played a lot on MEGA DRIVE GENESIS - 16 bit. But this arcade version is much difficult for me.

I´ll try do a improve. It´s necessary! :)
Long life to good games
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Is anyone noticing that the later mame recordings are skipping chapters 5 and 6 and the begining of chapter 7, is there a warp being done from the end of 4 to the boss of 7 or is it just the emulation is wrong?

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/0/2/6/al ... m36b14.zip

That one shows all 7 chapters clearly from begining to boss.
-skito
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

I can't run the pre mame37 dos MAME anymore for some reason. Everything runs in extreme slow motion. I think it might be since I switched from intel to amd. Anyway, I assumed the extra levels were for hard mode, no?
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Chad wrote:Is anyone noticing that the later mame recordings are skipping chapters 5 and 6 and the begining of chapter 7, is there a warp being done from the end of 4 to the boss of 7 or is it just the emulation is wrong?

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/0/2/6/al ... m36b14.zip

That one shows all 7 chapters clearly from begining to boss.
Easy mode skips chapters 5 and 6, and I think changes some things in 7.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

leeching is limitate. There is 1 minut of time or 2 minuts max to clear boss
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Don Hayes, you have a problem with your configuration because with a 2.4 ghz you must have a good speed but actually your average record speed is 80.38 %
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

The_Pro wrote:I don't quite understand this post. The game was announced yesterday at 8:00PM so that was your saturday night right there. The next game always starts a week plus one day after the previous one, so it's no secret when the game is announced.
well, after the second game there was a post saying we will now have a nice pause before the 3rd game....and it started the very next day?

I wasn't expecting it to start for at least a few days given the "pause" mention thinking it likely would start Monday so the end of the competition week would be the weekend for a big finish for everyone.

1 day gap like the previous rounds that had no mention of a "pause".
It was unexpected for me. As you can see I was playing some punchita that night as well as a few other games when it was posted.

I will try and make some time during week to play this some. It just seemed odd it would start in the middle of an evening when most have time for gaming and when most do their gaming.

Suer, it's my loss...but seems most would have the most free time on the weekend nights versus during the week.
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

Don Hayes, you have a problem with your configuration because with a 2.4 ghz you must have a good speed but actually your average record speed is 80.38 %
That's odd, I usually don't have any MAME speed problems with that computer so I rarely bother to check it. Thanks for letting me know...I'll try my other computer tonight.