K5 Round 8 - Metamoqester

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Congrats to Pat for nice finish on Strike Force. I guess all my junk replays has paid off to show you guys how the game is done. Although, I just left off one missing fourth button and I must forgotten about it during the tourney. Player 1 button = transform ship. Oh well... Congrats Pat, again. :)

Rax! Well... we thought it would be better if we alternative the bracket, due that we didn't want winner #1 on winner bracket to wait two weeks until the final round. There are more games on the loser's bracket than winner's bracket. :(

NotMan
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

RAX wrote:Making winners bracket players wait in Strike Force week (and later) has increased the rounds count by one.
that has nothing to do with the amount of rounds being increased. If you have people in the winner's bracket play immediately, the loser won't have a matchup in the next week because of where they get placed in the bracket.
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

NotMan wrote:The defending world cup champion has pulled off the penalty shootout against one of the Brazilian's best player. ;)
Hehe... if you didn't write "defending", I would think you are writing about that 1992 Italy vs Brazil PK shootout :P
RAX wrote:I am *really* happy. And TRB, it's been a true hard competition. You are a very strong player, really :!:
Thank you... and fighting game is my favorite style... well, I didn't like so much this game, however the battle was very good, mainly because of the very close final result. Yeah... and if you beat me, you are better than me on this game :) Congratulations RAX.
RAX wrote:Yesterday evening i had been stomped by Victle in a 395K-oriented game. I think I'm still screaming now :x . Luckily i had not need of such a score
Screaming? My 344,800 (it would be 380,380 if blocked) and other play, with "greenman", I was 310,700 vs Victle (1% life) vs me with 95%, and I lost (it would be 385,640 or 401,040 (if finish with special move) if I would finish the game). ARgh... I am screaming!!! 8O

In short, the good thing is the game is well balanced with any of the 3 fighters. I will upload this "greenman" INP as NMASTER variation, if interest to anyone.
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Code: Select all

Fri Nov  3 15:55:27 2006 : Skito (ceh) confirmed the nmaster score of 344800 by Valter "TRB" - Metroid Team - Brazil (trb)
Hey, Chad confirmed incorrectly it :(
Just uploaded that 310k with Greenman.
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions