K5 Round 3 - I, Robot (Elimination)

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

The TJT wrote:I've just received this information forwarded to me by TG's Robert Mruczek, about TG arcade record of 1,383,959 by Dave Ryan:
Robert,

You may disseminate this information as needed:

The "I, Robot" world record was achieved by David Ryan in June 1986, during the 1986 Video Game Master's Tournament, hosted in more than 100 Aladdin's Castles arcades across America. The results of this event were submitted to the 1987 Guinness Book of World Records.

Dave Ryan, of Little Rock, the I, Robot champion, died Jan. 4, 1992.
This means he is not available to comment on his record. We have been actively researching these circumstances for the last three months and have even been mentioned in the Little Rock Democrat-Gazette in regards to Ryan's demise.

The 1986 Video Game Master's Tournament was managed by members of the U.S. National Video Game Team. They required the management of each Aladdin's Castle to verify the high-score results and submit them to team headquarters.

Since evidence is mounting that the score achieved by David Ryan may have been a multi-credit accomplishment, we can consider listing the score under a "multi-credit" category and freeze the category, and then require all future scores to be verified as "one-credit" scores.

However, my recommendations must be approved by the Twin Galaxies Board of Referees before acted upon.

Regards,

--
Walter Day
President Twin Galaxies
I'm very frustrated how TG accepted this score. It can do every man using 1mln coins.

EDIT
TG settings:
Demonstration Mode: On
Difficulty: Medium
Minimum Game Time: 3 Lives
Lives: 3
Bonus Life: 20,000
I don't know how comment it. When Demo mode is On we can pause game using P1+P2 buttons.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

there's 20 hours left in this round and only 15 people have submitted.... so uhh, get those scores in now, guys :X
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

I am not in the K5, but I have been playing this game some.

FYI, there is also a key press combo that allows you to warp to level 14 at the start.

TG is also discussing this game now as you can see above. I think it would be best for competition to allow no warps at all.

if you go into a transporter, you then can select the same level you are already on.

cuz who knows...how many other combo presses you can do to get to higher levels bia warp.

interestingly the game also banks no more than the 4 extra men you see on the screen.

yeah, the later head/spike rounds are the killer rounds...the other space rounds are fairly doable once you figure out a pattern.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

LN2 wrote:
FYI, there is also a key press combo that allows you to warp to level 14 at the start.
What do Marpers think, should we allow that? That would make like 240k for warping bonus alone to the level 14...And who knows if there are more "secret" warps.
I would suggest we'll allow for MARP rules warp only to 5, just as at K5. Warping very high and not having skills to play there is not most entertaining to watch.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

You have less than 5 hours to go before the deadline at 23:59:59 (GMT).
Top 24 on 2nd round, you better hurry up and submit your best score. :)

NotMan
saru3000
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by saru3000 »

I'm posting this here because I don't know if what I did on the first level is allowed or not. Depending on your timing and some luck, you could just keep going on the first level for a while.

If it's not allowed I understand.
Attachments
wow_irobot_157290_wolf106.zip
(77.05 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
saru3000
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by saru3000 »

I liked your submit, TJT :) . You've got a future in music videos.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

What settings did you use, Udirnel? No one can playback your recording. :-/
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

sikraiken wrote:What settings did you use, Udirnel? No one can playback your recording. :-/
I can, playback correctly at the advertised score (space wave of level 11);
and imo saru's technique in first stage is ok :D
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Nanni wrote:
sikraiken wrote:What settings did you use, Udirnel? No one can playback your recording. :-/
Hmm, what settings? (what operating system? maybe that makes some sort of difference? :D)
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

sikraiken wrote:
Nanni wrote:
Hmm, what settings? (what operating system? maybe that makes some sort of difference? :D)
:oops:
Forget... i was talking about saru's inp
tried the one from Udirnel and it dont work

sorry... im tired :)
Last edited by Nanni on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbd41
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by jbd41 »

[quote="saru3000"]I liked your submit, TJT :) . You've got a future in music videos.[/quote]

Reminds me: were we still going to have a Doodle City contest to take up the time until the next game is announced?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

jbd41 wrote:Reminds me: were we still going to have a Doodle City contest to take up the time until the next game is announced?
sure I guess, but I don't know who's going to judge them. Feel free to upload your masterpieces to the thread then, and... I don't know what the prize will be, haha.

sorry for the slight delay in the posting of final results, I'll tackle these other issues ASAP...
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

mahlemiut wrote:Will someone tell me more on this warp bug... it seems to me to not happen in even 0.36. 0.36b11 it happens for sure, but it's fine in 0.36, 0.70, 0.80, 0.90. Are there any other emulation-related issues other than the warp-to-79 bug?
In any version of Mame, you can warp to level 79 if you turn dipswitch "DEMO MODE" on "ON".
I suppose "demo mode = on" was simply the default in m36b11.
Now default is "off", and I will add to special rules that "demo mode = off" is forbidden for submissions.
It still stay a good way to train for later levels anyway.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

thx for that information phil. Maybe that was the case for the arcade game...although they would have to still play a lot of games and continues beyond that.

TG settings do show demo mode ON.

What key(s) do you have to press with demo mode on to start at 79?

I will experiment.