K5 Qualifying Round

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BBH wrote:I completely recognize the fact that GEGOTW is something separate from MARP and shouldn't have any bearing on what games are decided for other tournaments.
NotMan wrote:I better say something on my be-half as K5 coordinator.

... w/o picking any GEGOTW games or any past MARP or DECA tourney nor any games that JTC will add on his GEGOTW during the K5 tourney.
Having reread those statements several times, I can't escape seeing a glaring inconsistency.
John Cunningham (JTC)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Weehawk wrote:
BBH wrote:I completely recognize the fact that GEGOTW is something separate from MARP and shouldn't have any bearing on what games are decided for other tournaments.
NotMan wrote:I better say something on my be-half as K5 coordinator.

... w/o picking any GEGOTW games or any past MARP or DECA tourney nor any games that JTC will add on his GEGOTW during the K5 tourney.
Having reread those statements several times, I can't escape seeing a glaring inconsistency.
What NotMan meant was that if we have to cater entirely to those with slower computers, we'd have to pick a lot of games from around the GEGOTW era since the requirements usually aren't that high. So there would bound to be some overlap between the two.

All these issues are seriously distressing me and the qualifying round is over, so I'm locking this. If anyone wants their name changed on the rankings, please PM me. Check back tomorrow for the first elimination round.
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

Weehawk, I can tell you that NotMan was the only of us who was picking "golden era" games for K5.
He is the last to blame if there are few old games in K5.

Again, we are trying to pick a good variety of games, not only trying to cover different genres but also different decades.

Peace.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Regarding the ZB issue, we've reached a (hopefully) fair conclusion.

ZB will be given a second chance. destructor asked for mercy and for him to have the 43rd position, so we'll do that. We're not giving any more second chances of course - if the recording doesn't average 95% speed or better, it won't be accepted. There'll be no more bending of the rules now that the qualifier is over.

For ZB and possibly a couple others with slower computers to fairly compete in future rounds, we've decided to add one more accepted version of WolfMAME for the tournament - WolfMAME Plus 0.71. Being that it's a much older version of MAME, there should be some decent speed gains with it. And unlike recent versions of MAME, disabling sound in this version can give significant speedups depending on the game. We must stress however that we have not thoroughly tested this version at all with any of the tourney games. Also note that this version does not create .wlf files. If you are getting 100% speed on the tourney games already, please continue to use versions 0.101 and 0.106. This older version should only be used as a last resort for those on slow computers.

The first elimination round will begin shortly.

EDIT: I'll unlock this now just in case there's any need for future Shock Troopers discussion ;)
zarouk
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by zarouk »

Hi all,

update:

3'42''42
Motorbike
WolfMame 0.106

++
Attachments
overtop-zarouk-34242.zip
(13.24 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Hi zarouk :D This is Shock Troopers topic :D
zarouk
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by zarouk »

destructor wrote:Hi zarouk :D This is Shock Troopers topic :D
Oups ... sorry ... too quick :lol:
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I know now how BBH made 38mln. I watched BBH's inp to half because playing with this method is booooooooooring :D
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

it's not leeching, it's point-maximizing!

>:(
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I didn't say in previous my post that it's leeching :D And yes it's point-maximizing (booooring point maximizing) :D