k3 SEMIFINALS: REACTOR and Quarterfinal Results

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

wow this reactor game thing led this topic 2 135 replies (including mine) and 9 pages :)

ql :)

V: i m very curious about your 600 inp. your eyes and nerves must be really tough 2 fight like that for a so long time :(
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

interesting...as I always felt you had to be moving in the same direction as the spinning vortex to not get "sucked in".

I guess that's why I could never get that high....although only played the game about 5-10 times...barely enough to know what's going on.

...so it's just a matter of finding out where too close in is too close...hehe

I guess about the bonus chambers you are referring to the later levels with invisible walls? I likely would place some little marker there myself.

..at the very start of the level I hear it briefly flashes the walls so you can tell which chamber is open...so you don't have to keep track...although I guess it alternates so it's not like a hard thing to do.
JoustGod
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by JoustGod »

The brief flash at the beginning of invisible wall levels is too brief. Much easier to mark the entrance during the early stages.

Spinning with the vortex is a myth that I believed in for years. Shows what experimenting "outside the box" can do for you.

Another thing that really caught my attention was towards the end after all the decoys had been used. Using your own man as a decoy never occured to me as it nets just enough for another man most times.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

yep...I figured on the higher levels near the end of the round hiding out in the chamber was perhaps a good technique...and the key to getting really high scores....but perhaps you would always get knocked against a wall....or does it close up and kill you after you have been in there a certain amount of time?

I figured if you were inside it but just below the opening you could keep that position and keep any from getting in...they would hit the walls right at the entrance or perhaps get a little bonus for you.

I likely would only try that when I had a lot of men built up. Given the vortex trick...it really doesn't matter IMHO cuz you can build up decoys for those so you always have a supply to use.

I'm stunned I never quite put 2+2 together...cuz I knew you could go through parts of that vortex and you are fine. I just never thought of to intentionall move around and stay in the vortex for the later parts of levels.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

JoustGod wrote:The brief flash at the beginning of invisible wall levels is too brief. Much easier to mark the entrance during the early stages.

Spinning with the vortex is a myth that I believed in for years. Shows what experimenting "outside the box" can do for you.

Another thing that really caught my attention was towards the end after all the decoys had been used. Using your own man as a decoy never occured to me as it nets just enough for another man most times.
personaly i must say the the "live decoy" thing was my idea but pliz dont send me flowers or whisky or money - i ve done it 4 my own satisfatcion :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

LN2 wrote:yep...I figured on the higher levels near the end of the round hiding out in the chamber was perhaps a good technique...and the key to getting really high scores....but perhaps you would always get knocked against a wall....or does it close up and kill you after you have been in there a certain amount of time?

I figured if you were inside it but just below the opening you could keep that position and keep any from getting in...they would hit the walls right at the entrance or perhaps get a little bonus for you.

I likely would only try that when I had a lot of men built up. Given the vortex trick...it really doesn't matter IMHO cuz you can build up decoys for those so you always have a supply to use.

I'm stunned I never quite put 2+2 together...cuz I knew you could go through parts of that vortex and you are fine. I just never thought of to intentionall move around and stay in the vortex for the later parts of levels.
making decoys is almost imposible at the second vortex so u running out of them very fast :(
hiding inside the bonus chambers is very risky and can be performed only at first 3 maybe 4 stages where is useless due 2 making decoys there :(
in higher levels ememies are so stong the u can only hide there for a short time :(