k3 SEMIFINALS: REACTOR and Quarterfinal Results

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

I played pacmania 200 times. Wuzel played it close to 500 times :)
QRS
JoustGod
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Reactor sound clip

Post by JoustGod »

Rick:

To answer your question about the female voice at the beginning of the Reactor clip, this is what I've found. From what I understand, it was obtained from a site that had various arcade Real Audio themes. I'm not sure where that is located as I took this clip from this site: http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/e ... actor.html

It sure sounds like it could be part of a prototype sound for the machine. If you look at the technical info for Reactor at that site, you'll see an interesting response from the guy who was responsible for Reactor's rockin' sound.
Last edited by JoustGod on Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: RE

Post by wuzel »

QRS wrote:I played pacmania 200 times. Wuzel played it close to 500 times :)
about 500 tries at pacmania :)
about 400 tries at omega race :)
rgiht now about 100 tries at reactor - thnik its 2 few :(
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Reactor sound clip

Post by LN2 »

FYI, remove period from above URL for the reactor page.

Man, the background for that reactor page is the worse. I will have spots in front of me for hours now.
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

wuzel wrote: about 500 tries at pacmania :)
How do you guys get the time to play the games that much? :)
Frankie
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Frankie wrote:
wuzel wrote: about 500 tries at pacmania :)
How do you guys get the time to play the games that much? :)
like i said before many games (my games) at pacmania was sometimes a veryu shotr one - half a minute or 2 minutes - wrong way, not good ghost way of escaping from me and ESC and form the begining
last week there was a free day (19 of june) during the week and the second day (friday) a had also free so i have time
now in round 6 i dont have such adventage so i ve played reactor games i think maybe 120 times :( that 2 few
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

silence from wuzel camp is due 2 a fatal paying this reactor game :(
i ve got an inp about 100 000 but is useless 2 post it :(
keep trying like in pacmania round :(
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

After end this round my proposal is match for 3rd and 4th place. :idea:

I wait for you V.

Reactor is very very boring game. Next time I please for game with theend. :evil:
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

reactor is boring? I can think of tons more games that are far more boring.

100+k scores are good scores IMHO....so don't feel too bad there wuzel.

I have only played it in MAME a handful of times. I'll definitely have to try it more in the near future. it's definitely different than most other games around.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

LN2 wrote:reactor is boring? I can think of tons more games that are far more boring.

100+k scores are good scores IMHO....so don't feel too bad there wuzel.

I have only played it in MAME a handful of times. I'll definitely have to try it more in the near future. it's definitely different than most other games around.
When I send my inp today at night you change opinion.
Maybe V have higher score from me? :?
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

watch nanni here i come :)
not recorded but 140k :)
waiting for your reply :)
and still trying hard :)

and des is right this game is boring stupid and makes my eyes burning :(
who choose this one?? :twisted:

:evil: :( god damn it :( 147 900 recorded and i forgot 2 move the inp 2 a high scores directory and i ve started a new game :(
F........#@##$@#$@RW#$%#%%%
but its a warning signal nanni :)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

the eyes burning I can understand....still not sure how you see it as boring.

The early stages can be a little slow....but once you get to the vortex stages you are almost constantly moving.

the game would be a little more exciting and fun though if there was some stage completion bonus timer that ticks down as you complete the board. That would have you more actively moving around getting them all pummeled against a wall as quickly as possible in many cases.

...although that kind of time bonus would defeat the point of the bonus chambers.

I always felt the bonus chambers don't award a large enough bonus anyway....but then again I haven't played the game that much....I guess on later levels if you get one of those big globs in the bonus chamber you can get at least a few thousand out of it.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

The bonus chambers are the most important part of the game for points. And if there was like a timer bonus, it might change the way I play the game based on how much of a bonus it would give. I, myself, I try to get as many decoys as I possibly can in the first few levels (I have had as many as 15 by the start of Level 5 while practicing). I do that by moving around in the first four levels knocking as many sets of rods in as I can. The vortex has a pattern (I think), and as time has progressed, it's given me less difficulty. My biggest problem is running into walls (stupidly). Like, I accidentally move my mouse between levels and boom, I hit a wall. Or on the invisible wall boards, I go in the bonus chamber and go too much to the left/right and run into the wall. Stupidity is my largest downfall as it stands.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

JoeyL21988 wrote:The bonus chambers are the most important part of the game for points. And if there was like a timer bonus, it might change the way I play the game based on how much of a bonus it would give. I, myself, I try to get as many decoys as I possibly can in the first few levels (I have had as many as 15 by the start of Level 5 while practicing). I do that by moving around in the first four levels knocking as many sets of rods in as I can. The vortex has a pattern (I think), and as time has progressed, it's given me less difficulty. My biggest problem is running into walls (stupidly). Like, I accidentally move my mouse between levels and boom, I hit a wall. Or on the invisible wall boards, I go in the bonus chamber and go too much to the left/right and run into the wall. Stupidity is my largest downfall as it stands.
vortex suks :( my eyes are burning and i got a headache :(
bleh this game isnt for me :(
dont know whats nanni up 2 and its makes me scared :(
back 2 work
good inp V - is it your best??? definetely 2 many stupid deaths in this 1 like u said :)

OH SHIT :) des is the man :(
i knew he will do sth special but this :(
bleh he is amaizng :(
GOOD WORK BRO - WELCOME 2 the final :)
Last edited by wuzel on Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Nah, that score is not my best. It's horrible, even.

Looking at Destructor's score, I assume he figured out what I figured out yesterday. :lol: (Yes that's the truth, not some BS trying to make me look good or something)