the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Somewhere for the annoying and/or off-topic threads to go. Feel free to post about whatever, but abuse will still be dealt with, and possibly with more force. Especially pac-porno. ;)

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS, BBH

User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 am

the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by kernzy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:39 pm

To verify any scores, even mame inp's they are now asking for $15.
reminds me of FULL METAL JACKET... :lol:

User avatar
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:13 pm
Contact:

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by Barthax » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 pm

... and they're not accepting online submissions until sometime into the new year, so you'll have to snail mail them in before then! :)

User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 am

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by kernzy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:29 pm

funny how almost all responses on the thread are in favour of paying the money. are these people nuts? free or $15?
and now it seems they want "paperwork" to accompany inp's. #-o

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by BBH » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:20 am

sucks to be those that decided to focus on sending inps to TG instead of MARP

User avatar
RAX
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Bologna, Italy

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by RAX » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:36 am

After reading TG's new way, I'm waiting LOTS of new players here.
Now MARP is a TAX HAVEN :lol:

User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 am

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by kernzy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:08 pm

BAHAHAAA! :lol:
so, now marp can charge a (very, very!!) low membership annual fee and still be the best and cheapest mame replay directory on earth!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

User avatar
Chad
Tournament Coordinator
Posts: 4463
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:15 pm
Location: calif

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by Chad » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 pm

marp will always be the cheapest, free.
Last edited by Chad on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-skito

The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:10 pm

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by The_Pro » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:35 pm

I always thought TG should just point people to MARP for all things MAME. They share the main philosophy of no cheating and leeching and anyone can see all the recordings. Plus MARP did it first, better and still does.

Paying for score submission is ludicrous, sad that there are people who think it's worthwhile to do so.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!

User avatar
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:24 am
Location: Johannesburg, South africa.

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by ballas » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:43 am

BBH wrote:sucks to be those that decided to focus on sending inps to TG instead of MARP
Yeah, luckily I submitted on both sites. I think I have about 850 .inp's submitted to TG :lol:
I have set a goal to try and make an effort for a donation here early next year hopefully...
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA

RJM
Button Masher
Button Masher
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:03 am

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by RJM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 am

I haven't submitted much anywhere in the last few years.

Even before the "pay to submit" was announced I wasn't planning on submitting anything more over there due to personal reasons.

With the exception of the knockout tournaments I haven't submitted much here in the last few years mainly due to probably following this rule too closely.

2n) Submit only games that you feel are worthy of the notice of other MARPers, owing either to personal effort, or display of skill.

Trust me. Compared to most of you guys my gaming skills suck big time.

Looks like I'm retiring from competitive gaming.

User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 am

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by kernzy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 pm

just take a break. when you return, so will your skills :D

User avatar
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:59 am
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:17 pm

The_Pro wrote:I always thought TG should just point people to MARP for all things MAME. They share the main philosophy of no cheating and leeching and anyone can see all the recordings. Plus MARP did it first, better and still does.
There was a time when communities were united.. then bad mojo ruined it all. A new band came about and tried and yeah.. not as good as the Originator, MARP, but not too bad for a try.

I agree MARP does it better... but part of that is anonymous submission.. ie, not having a real name attached to submissions.. just a moniker. Nothing wrong with that mind you.

But I do miss the Deca's. Was a nice fit between the wonderful tournaments offered, so there was never much of a break between the fun. :)
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.

The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:10 pm

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by The_Pro » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
The_Pro wrote:I always thought TG should just point people to MARP for all things MAME. They share the main philosophy of no cheating and leeching and anyone can see all the recordings. Plus MARP did it first, better and still does.
There was a time when communities were united.. then bad mojo ruined it all. A new band came about and tried and yeah.. not as good as the Originator, MARP, but not too bad for a try.

I agree MARP does it better... but part of that is anonymous submission.. ie, not having a real name attached to submissions.. just a moniker. Nothing wrong with that mind you.

But I do miss the Deca's. Was a nice fit between the wonderful tournaments offered, so there was never much of a break between the fun. :)
Damn Kelly you still alive?

Agreed that the Deca tournaments were the high points for TG MAME, less bitching and more playing.

I know you worked hard setting up rules and such for the MAME platform so I don't mean to diminish your efforts. I just feel that the automation aspect of MARP regarding submissions is really the only way to handle volume.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!

User avatar
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:59 am
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:21 pm

The_Pro wrote:
Damn Kelly you still alive?

Agreed that the Deca tournaments were the high points for TG MAME, less bitching and more playing.

I know you worked hard setting up rules and such for the MAME platform so I don't mean to diminish your efforts. I just feel that the automation aspect of MARP regarding submissions is really the only way to handle volume.

Yes, I got married and yet still live. And no worries, I took no slight from you or any thought of diminishment whatsoever. I agree with the automation aspect though. It was a hellish beast back in the day to handle.

As for existence... I retired when I did to focus on my new position and to prepare for wedded life. Now that things are more secure and less thing to worry of, I've been focusing more on just playing games in general and enjoying them. Slowly come back to wanting to do some Arcade stuff and MARP was the first place I came to bitd and where I come back to now. Just need to get an adapter to get my HotRod SE running anew and it's back to the fray I go. Until Funspot next year of course :)


Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.

User avatar
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:13 pm
Contact:

Re: the all new TWIN GALAXIES...

Post by Barthax » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:54 pm

The_Pro wrote:Damn Kelly you still alive?
Hehe, my thoughts exactly! Good to see you active, Kelly. :D

Post Reply