Golden Era Game of the Week
http://www.gegotw.net/

Moderators: Marco Marocco, Weehawk

Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

GEGOTW 2012 - GENERAL TOPIC

Post by Marco Marocco »

First of all I announce the top 5 games voted by you Marpers, with a tie of 8 preferences for each one we have:

ELEVATOR ACTION

KUNG FU MASTER

FROGGER

PHOENIX

TIME PILOT
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: GEGOTW 2012 - GENERAL TOPIC

Post by Marco Marocco »

Hey Marpers,

welcome to GEGOTW 2012 !

We haven't had a GEGOTW since 2006... and now it's another time to play classic arcade games on MARP !

Rules:

1) This is going to be a tournament wit a regular season of 5 weeks (1 game each week) and a play off of ten days with 2 games picked up from the list by your friendly lawyer Marocco.

2) Top five players will enter the play off.

3) For each game the leaderboard will be determined by the following system: 1st 15 points, 2nd 10 points, 3rd 8 points, 4th 6 points, 5th 4 points, 6th 2 points, 7th 1 point; there will be also extra points for the top three players in the middle of the week (every Thursday on 20.00 GMT): 1st 5 points, 2nd 3 points, 3rd 1 point.
In case of tie there will be one or more players in the play off :D

4) The same system I'll use for playoff; in case of tie the winner will be the players with best ranking in regular season; in case of another tie the players will play other 5 days on 1 game.

5) Official emulator: wolf 106

6) Minimum speed of the inp: 97 %

7) Uploads on the main site, I'll admit submitting to the forum in case of MARP's down.

8) The 24 hours for sending your inp is reccomended, but I think there are no players 15th years old near by (I think) :)

9) There will be no breaks in between games, the first game will be June 4th at or around 20.00 GMT

10) There will be the "on deck game"

11) I expect you will be polite with the other players and with your friendly neighborhood Marocco :)

A big credit to Weehawk for the idea of GEGOTW, I hope he'll return on coordinating a new great season !

Have fun !
Marco
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Hello Marpers !

Thank you very much to all players have been part of the competion: I hope you've had your part of fun !
Congratulations to Don Hayes, winner of the contest, to Potante (who had great results considering no one of the games was among his favourites) and definitively, to all the finalists.

No one got 1st places on MARP's in any of the games of the contest, but all the games picked up have very strong score to beat: may be someone will continue playing after the contest to reach 1st place ...

I hope nex time GEGOTW will be runned by Weehawk but, I'm sure, there will be another GEGOTW very soon !

And now we are all waiting for KNOCK OUT ... :)
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

Thanks Marco! Congrats to all other finalists and participants, too.
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

it was good to play new games competitively. i can't wait for the next time. when will that be?
is there a total scores leaderboard?
thanks to all for help and good banter.
be lucky,
kernzy.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

kernzy wrote:i can't wait for the next time. when will that be?
kernzy.
If Weehawk will not return, we'll discuss about at the end of the year
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

i must thank you marco for doing this tournament. i recommend it to everyone. so we have to wait that long? seems like a lifetime! cannot somebody else do one ? can anyone set one up? even if it is unofficial? seems like years between them! i can only hope!!!
thanks again, i enjoyed it greatly.
BOOMSHANKA!!!!
Alessandro.S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Alessandro.S »

I would also like to thank Marco and all the players who took part in the contest; I would have loved to try a bit harder, but as it stands real life gets in the way quite a lot :D

Maybe it has already been discussed and rejected - I don't know, but a tournament with just 5 games before the playoffs could be extended to two weeks per game instead of just one week, giving a little bit more time to players to try and improve - especially if the wish is to see new WRs get on the board ?