http://www.gegotw.net/

Moderators: Marco Marocco, Weehawk

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

IMPORTANT: Changes for 2006

Post by Weehawk »

Not much changes, really.

I will still keep cumulative totals awarding 10, 7, and 5 points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places respectively.

I will still award 2 bonus points for the highest submission by Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at 23:59:59 GMT.

The top 5 finishers at the end of the year (I would tentatively say that the week ending December 8 will be the last regular week) will receive $100 usd. Some form of playoff will be held for whomever among the top 5 chooses to participate, and the winner of that playoff will receive $250 usd.

Tentatively I am thinking that, for the playoff, I will name 10 classic games and choose 3 randomly from that 10 to let the top 5 players compete on for a week. Firmer details to come later.

Also, new for 2006, I am planning each week to offer some sort of "random prize" for all who submit to be eligible for. These may range from the ridiculous to the sublime. (Yes, GEGOTW 2006 t-shirts will be forthcoming and I still have quite a few of the 2005 in M, L, and XL sizes.) For games that are relatively unknown and have few MARP entries previously I will probably consider all submitters eligible. For a classic title like Galaxian that already has a number of strong scores submitted I may arbitrarily set a minimum score for eligibility for the random prize.

For the random selection I think I will use the Mega Millions multi-state lottery drawing. Each Friday (and Tuesday) night, 3 hours after midnight GMT (4 hours when Daylight Savings Time ends) balls numbered 1 through 56 are placed in a hopper. 5 regular balls and 1 "mega ball" are selected randomly. I will take the eligible submitters, alot evenly the numbers 1 to 56 among them in order of the alphabetic precedence of their MARP user name, and the mega ball number will choose the random prize winner. If the number of eligible players is not evenly divisible into 56, the remainder will be unassigned. If the mega ball number is unassigned, I will use the regular ball numbers, in order drawn, until a winner is determined. This is best illustrated by example:

If, last week, ending June 9, had been played, and the only 3 eligible submitters were Bob, James, and Sally, I would alot the numbers as follows:

Bob: 1 through 18
James: 19 through 36
Sally: 37 through 54

The numbers 55 through 56 are unassigned (they cannot be evenly distributed among the players).

The mega ball number drawn June 9th was 37. So Sally would win. If the mega ball had been 55 or 56, I would have gone to the first regular ball drawn, which was 26, and James would have won.

One more thing: I don't want to have to make it a rule, because I don't want to have to disqualify people for breaking it, but:

Please, please, please, for the love of God name your inp files "romname.inp", nothing else. So, for the first week they should be galaxian.inp

If you do not understand why, read here:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/view ... 5205#45205
John Cunningham (JTC)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Message from TG member to me:
Mega ball on txlottery for MARP GEGOTW is only 1-46 and not 1-56 ,

http://www.txlottery.org/online/freqmegamillion.cfm

i am not on MARP forum and just heard about GEGOTW, so if you can pass the message to MARP.
Then is it 1-46 or 1-56 lotery John?
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

I'll have to use the regular balls then.
John Cunningham (JTC)