http://www.gegotw.net/

Moderators: Marco Marocco, Weehawk

Ahigh
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Emu

Post by Ahigh »

So the thing that noticed about the emulation:

There is a tear midway down the screen. I believe that the top half of the screen has 16 milliseconds lag compared to the bottom part of the screen. In general, I can play more easily on the bottom half of the screen compared to the top as I have an extra frame to react to what I see happening.

If somehow the this problem could be fixed, I think everything would be much easier.
Ahigh
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Ahigh »

Running at 120hz 640x480 mode seems to help a lot. Playing better, but only had access to keyboard. Got over 200k w/keybd, and felt like it was possible to do, but no motor memory for keyboard playing yet. The SAITEK gamer keyboard didn't experience any ghosting problems as it works w/n-key-rollover.

For new players, I think it is potentially easier playing with keyboard as precise fire-timing is easier to achieve (if you have a gamer keyboard such as saitek or logitech g15).

I will upload a score soon. I got wolfmame installed and made a perl script for interactively storing recordings and stuff. It got me to thinking it would be nice if wolfmame allowed F10 to frame skip until any key besides F10 was hit when recording. This is fair, right? I hate long boot sequences when making several attempts. Even better would be to allow a separate input recording for the boot sequence so i don't have to do the change to difficulty 10 stuff every time.

Just some random thoughts.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

multiple playback files (one for the setup and another for the game) could work and do work in the less secure regular mame, but it would be nasty to put that kind support in wolfmame as in you'd be playback recording, even in a limited sense is kind of bad for security. I agree the williams setup is rather tedious, but you should be practicing with out using an inp file so you can just restart the game after screwing up with a credit press (you know like it used to be done with out unpluging the machine) and then go through the process of F2ing when recording. The F10 idea is good but come on, just to speed up 15 seconds for a 15 minute recording?
-skito
Ahigh
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Ahigh »

Still haven't wolfmame'd since I can bang a million, but somebody took my bounty in October 2007. The company just made a webpage about the event and linked to their homepage.

Funny stuff.

http://www.red5studios.com/about/robotron/
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

What an awesome looking office - assuming those machines in the background of the photo are somewhere at your work... sounds like my kind of place to work!!! ;)
Ahigh
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Ahigh »

Thanks!
BeeJay wrote:What an awesome looking office - assuming those machines in the background of the photo are somewhere at your work... sounds like my kind of place to work!!! ;)