Golden Era Game of the Week
http://www.gegotw.net/

Moderators: Marco Marocco, Weehawk

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

IMPORTANT: Changes for 2005

Post by Weehawk »

The bonus point system Phil started on the previous WCC worked so well I am going to do similarly for this year's GEGOTW.

I will still award 10, 7, and 5 points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively, but I will also award two (2) bonus points to the player with the highest score thus far at the end of the 2nd, 4th, and 6th days.

That is Sunday night, Tuesday night, and Thursday night.

As last year, I don't want to commit to the amount of the totals winner prizes at the start of the year. Last year it wound up being $500, $250 and $125 (usd) respectively. I certainly wouldn't expect it to be any more than that.

Also I considered last year taking the top two or four players and having some sort of playoff at the end of the year. I'd be interested in hearing opions on whether that sounds like fun and what format it should take.

But unless I decide on a playoff, the main change this year is the bonus points as explained above.

Have fun!
John Cunningham (JTC)
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

I've been asked if it is permitted to use harder than default difficulty for the games.

MARP rules regarding settings read:

h) Recording submissions must be recorded with that particular ROMset's defaults or TG (Twin Galaxies) settings. A recording set at easier or different settings is subject to deletion, especially if it is higher than others at more difficult settings. Recording on TG settings, which are the official arcade game settings, is preferred, and will gain your scores further notice from your fellow players.

For GEGOTW purposes however, we will use MAME default settings unless otherwise indicated.

This is what I would prefer be the rule at MARP also, but it is not my website. :(
John Cunningham (JTC)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

That 2 bonus point system sounds good, stops holding back recordings, atleast for 1st place. Also playoffs is a good idea imo.