Golden Era Game of the Week 8/28/04: Black Widow

Golden Era Game of the Week
http://www.gegotw.net/

Moderators: Marco Marocco, Weehawk

SJK
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by SJK »

it seems possible if you change the starting level dip and then chosing the last level.. and I noticed it stops at wave 104 too, but couldn't get over 200k when playing normally :(
- Smraedis
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Yes, I'm 99,9% sure TG score of 930 100 is an old photo submission, and was achieved by using many credits...if you get over vawe 99 and to wave 101, and after gameover you can start at wave 101 and get 895 000 points start bonus. Starting with 895k at wave 101 and playing to level 104 makes around 930k score...Playing without continues you'd have around 800k score.
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

Also, I'd be curious to know what type of controls you guys used, if you don't mind sharing a little trade secret. Please don't anyone tell me they used the keyboard...
I used a Hotrod SE.

Like Tommi, towards the end I was feeling better about my average score. Although, I can't remember how many times I'd start a game just to get killed quickly on the first level. Nice thing about MAME is it's easy to restart the game and it doesn't cost any quarters :)

Great scores, everyone. I quickly went from thinking I sniped Tommi for second place to fourth and no GEGOTW points.