Stupid poll time!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Which of these is most likely to be added to MAME next?

Poll ended at Fri May 03, 2002 6:54 am

CPS-3
25%
NAOMI
No votes
PSX hardware games (like DDR)
33%
That damn System 16 re-write
42%

Total votes: 12

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: :(

Post by Chad »

Pi wrote:------
Pi
Quality gramatical mistakes since 1972
that a beautiful sig.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Pi wrote:It's dumped, but the people with the proto machines have forbidden to release the dumps by request of the developers. Maybe in the future the developers will allow the public usage of the roms, until then we have to be patient. More information at Emulation Status, of course :-p
What's the point of hoarding it? The only reason I can figure it that the owners of the machine may be afraid that it's value will decrease once it's emulated. Trust me, collectors can be like that. Never stopped anyone from paying $US1,800 for a Metal Slug AES cart. I'd take the $US50 MVS cart (which is essentially the same) anyday. :wink:
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

gameguru wrote:"Game Guru needs Marble Madness 2!" :(
"Kale needs DJ Boy,and Bonanza Bros.,and Thunder Blade,and Super Monaco GP,and US AAF Mustang,and The Outfoxies,and...":)
mahlemiut wrote: ...I'd take the $US50 MVS cart (which is essentially the same) anyday.
50US$ are about (50x2000)=100000 Italian Lira right?So why does a MVS here costs x8 than that???
MKL
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by MKL »

Kale wrote:50US$ are about (50x2000)=100000 Italian Lira right?So why does a MVS here costs x8 than that???
C'mon... don't make us laugh... an MVS Metal Slug 800.000 lire = (almost) US$400?!?!? It's just plain ridiculous...

I got mine (from an Italian seller) for 25 euros = US$22. I expected it to be a boot for that cheap but it was original indeed...

Apparently, you're looking in the wrong places and dealing with the wrong people...

...but 800.000 lire (do you still use that in Naples?)...mwahahahah!!!!
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Wow, I've even seen MVS carts sold locally for $NZ50 ($US22).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

MKL wrote:
Kale wrote:50US$ are about (50x2000)=100000 Italian Lira right?So why does a MVS here costs x8 than that???
C'mon... don't make us laugh... an MVS Metal Slug 800.000 lire = (almost) US$400?!?!? It's just plain ridiculous...

I got mine (from an Italian seller) for 25 euros = US$22. I expected it to be a boot for that cheap but it was original indeed...

Apparently, you're looking in the wrong places and dealing with the wrong people...

...but 800.000 lire (do you still use that in Naples?)...mwahahahah!!!!
I mean Metal Slug X;I swear that I've saw it sold for 800k on a magazine,and I neither have a Neo-geo nor use lira anymore,just because I was lazy and don't want to convert it:)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

mahlemiut wrote: What's the point of hoarding it? The only reason I can figure it that the owners of the machine may be afraid that it's value will decrease once it's emulated. Trust me, collectors can be like that.
Yes, that's the reason???....or maybe they're just shamed of the game, maybe it sucks big time. Maybe it's like joust and joust2.

This "collector" in question has promised not to dump roms public, for the programmer. What puzzles me is why on earth did he hoard the other MM2 machine too, well read hes side of the story:

"safestuff.com"

+akka arhh, freeze +...

Legally the rights for the game should be owned by Midway now. Contact them?...