vball

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

vball

Post by Phil Lamat »

Two questions come to my mind after recent inp uploaded by scorpion on vball :
1) how is it possible to get a score of 10-0 on first match when a match is over as soon as a player reach 7 points ?

2) can't we also authorize "continue" for this game (like in lemmings) ? playing a 1'15 game has no sense ; the real challenge is to beat teams which are harder and harder till you lose a complete game, and for that there is a good scoring in this game : number of $ won (which depends on the points difference and the level of you opponent)
scorpion
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by scorpion »

"U.S. Championship V'ball (set 1)" [vball] has sets played to 10, with a time limit of 1:15. So it is indeed possible to get 10-0 in the first set, as my recording shows.

Maybe you are thinking of "U.S. Championship V'ball (Japan bootleg)" [vball2pj], which has sets to 7, with a time limit of 1:25.

As to your other suggestion, I don't care either way. I just followed the standard 1 credit procedure used in absence of "special rules".
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

You can impose an explulsion of the one-credit rule if you want - I think you can turn a post into a poll. However, you must be aware that it takes 2/3 vote in favor to expell that rule.

I think there needs to be similar rules with NBA Jam... but I'll save that for another post...
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

gameboy9 wrote:I think there needs to be similar rules with NBA Jam... but I'll save that for another post...
Does really NBA Jam requires 27 plays in a recording? Even kids can beat it at Very Hard difficulty...