Server move

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

seymour
Site Admin

Server move

Post by seymour »

Well, so far the poll/vote for the server move to Lazynet is 9-0, so it looks like everyone agrees with it. :)

Once the poll expires (March 7th), I will be shutting off the scripts running on phuquenut and LazyBitch, and setting up a bot in #marp on Lazynet that does the same thing.

It would also be good then if nobody says much on EFnet, othet than to tell people that we have actually moved.

Oh, and I just set up irc.marpirc.net, so it's easier for people to remember. :) It just connects to a random server, just like irc.lazynet.org does.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

legacy message moving

Post by Chad »

just a note remember to try and the the dates from the old messages when you make the script to import them, there just as important as the messages themselves. This new board is pretty cool.
seymour
Site Admin

Re: legacy message moving

Post by seymour »

Chad wrote:just a note remember to try and the the dates from the old messages when you make the script to import them, there just as important as the messages themselves. This new board is pretty cool.
Yeah, I'll definitely be doing that. There isn't a time associated with an entry, though, so I'll have to just pick some standard time for each date. no big deal though, except maybe the order.

The format of the exported data from the old board is a little bit of a pain to parse, so it's going to take a little longer than expected. But it will get here eventually :)