MARP recent uploads on social networks

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

ZID
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

MARP recent uploads on social networks

Post by ZID »

I was thinking that if the list of the 50 most recent uploads and modifications were to be published automatically on sites like twitter or telegram, marp it would reach more people, and being automatic it would not have to make much effort.

Edit: it seems that the forum is failing
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: MARP recent uploads on social networks

Post by Cicca »

Not only the forum is failing.-...but the whole site...and it's a pity.... :?

Your idea is interesting....I'd filter what to publish or not in order to avoid showing lots of cheap 1st places....

A Discord channel would be a way to keep players in contact....nowadays, any silly streamer has its own....as well as some small and specific events on CAGTournaments, where a lot of quite crap ones are held, and played....
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

This doesn't come without issues or questions.
Can this be done, in the first place? Could we have a bot do automatic updates in real time? Otherwise the alternative is that someone takes the duty for daily or weekly update. (Also even if there's a bot doing stuff, these things don't come effortlessly.)
Is it worthy of reporting all of the updates, or should it be limited to new uploads only? Not to count we already have suggestions for doing a selection of the updates to say. Being fair, or trying to follow a common sense?
Telegram? No thank you, in my humble opinion. Because using Telegram for MARP "news" either means doing a channel, or a group. On the channel you can only receive messages and not talk or react, and I'm confident people would then like to do so; on the group instead you would share your identity with others, in other words your phone number, and even though there are settings to hide these info, again I'm confident some users would feel at unease.
Discord would sound as a better idea, you can share all the news and talk about it, with no phone number being shared, but also with admins and moderators in check so things don't slip out of control (a thing you can't do on Twitter).
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Part II
Note: I would, for instance, totally be free to be the one in charge to do... not a daily update but something close to it, if we were to have a MARP external channel of some sort with updates on the updates. (wordplay intended)
Not that I would take the administration of an entire discord server (or the alike) on my only shoulders, just talking about the updating duty, I believe it is only fair that such a decision and administration role would go to those who always had them in MARP. And possibly are still around.
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

giro-X wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:38 am [.....] Not that I would take the administration of an entire discord server (or the alike) on my only shoulders [.....]
I'm online almost 24/7...if a mod is needed, I'm available.....
giro-X wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:38 am [.....] I believe it is only fair that such a decision and administration role would go to those who always had them in MARP. And possibly are still around.
Well...if nobody takes decisions...or if those who should be entitled to take them are not around any more....someone else will have to take them....we cannot let the site die because who used to admin it is not doing anymore for whatever reason....